We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

Devon, England...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

I'm hoping I can get some help with deciding which resort me and my boyfriend should pick for our holiday to Fuerteventura this October!

We're in our mid-twenties, want a lovely sandy beach and pretty surrondings and a good choice of restaurants and bars for the evening but no loud clubbing. I'm torn between Corralejo and Caleta de Fuste! Corralejo seems to have some nice beaches, but you have to go outside of the town? Caleta is man made and sounds more touristy, and that puts me off a little. Any input greatly appreciated!

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
580 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

I only know Corralejo but here is what I think for what it's worth. The town beaches are small, only good for small children really, but there is a nice old town, lots of places to eat and pubs with music. Before we had children my boyfriend and came to Corralejo a few times and would get the bus to El Cotillo which has gorgeous beaches, about half an hour on the bus, and come back to Corralejo to go out in the evenings. I think, but I could be wrong, that Caleta is aimed at families and has a better beach than Corralejo.

Bp Auckland
Level Contributor
217 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

Corralejo is the larger resort so obviously has more choice for your eats and drinks, the best beach is a short taxi ride or within walking distance depending on whereabouts you are staying.

Caleta is a smaller more compact resort with all the eating places within a couple of hundred metres and a nice little beach right by the centre of town.

Its been years since we stayed in Corralejo and as I remember it there was a mix of quiet and noisy bars, Caleta is a lot quieter .

Have you given Jandia a thought, it seems to fit perfectly into your requirements, we've not stayed anywhere else since going there.

Devon, England...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

Thanks for the replies. I'd like to be able to walk to a nice beach if possible, as we are definitely more beach than pool people!

I'd not looked at Jandia, but I will now! I'd not really seen it when looking at places to stay.

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

we prefare caleta see here for what caleta has to offer

http://www.freewebs.com/caletafuerteventura/

but no matter where you choose you will love fuerteventura that's the beauty of the island

Blackpool...
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

Why not have a week in Jandia followed by a week in Corralejo, I done that 3 years ago, I booked the flights and accommodation seperately, and booked the transfers seperately: Airport to Jandia, Corralejo to Airport and bussed it between Jandia & Corralejo,one end of the Island to the other, that was a day out in itself and a good way to see the Island.

Bp Auckland
Level Contributor
217 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

That would be a great way to cover all options, as si2008 said the whole island is lovely and this way you'd get to see all those beautiful beaches .

Wherever you choose you've made a great choice, Fuerteventura is a cut above the other Canaries.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

I am going end of September, The first week will be spent in El Cotillo, very close to the beach and the second week will be in Corralejo.

A few hotels in Corralejo offer a free minibus to flag beach plus there is always the bus to El Cotillo.

If you drive, a hire car would open up many more options for you and they are very cheap on Fuerteventura. I am paying £163 for 14 days through Cabrera Medina and there are cheaper options for the smaller cars.

Edited: 1:09 pm, August 13, 2013
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

I really do need to stay in Caleta so I can decide once and for all if its for me or not. I don't think day trips give the full feel for the place.

Devon, England...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

Thanks everyone. We are only going for one week, and I'm starting to lean towards Corralejo. I've seen some nice small bungalows called La Concha that look ideal. Can anyone recommend a transfer company? I'd like to book a private transfer so we aren't stopping off at every hotel on the way.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Corralejo vs Caleta de Fuste

You really should consider a hire car. For two people, you could well be paying as much for the transfers as the week's hire. You can see some of the more interesting places if you have a car, and go to and fro to lagoons of El Cotillo when you please - the best ones are further away from the town. The sand dunes are so enormous that you're restricted to one end or the other without a car, whereas there's parking all the way along (albeit a bit of a trek in places across the dunes).

Even if you just leave it parked somewhere (parking's free everywhere in Corralejo), you won't be losing out. And you'll avoid that awful panic when the transfer's late arriving for the return trip.

Get answers to your questions about Fuerteventura