We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo club, Fuerteventura

dublin
6 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo club, Fuerteventura

Hi Caz

We had a great week in the Barcelo club. The weather was fantastic. Very hot - I have never burned before but I burned in Caleta. The apartment was fine. A bit of a musty smell but clean and comfortable and we had a sea view. The complex itself it great for the kids, safe, great pool, beside the beach and the food is not bad. My kids lived on pepperoni (salami) pizza - they loved it!! (€6.15 pizza & chips to go).

It was quiet but thats what we wanted. There was "entertainment" at night - good for a laugh - even though I don't think it was meant to be a comedy!!! The beach was lovely too. The only thing was at night there were hundreds of cockroaches all along the paths to the apartments. But they don't come near you. Also there was a spray in the apt. under the sink and I sprayed round the doors and windows each evening before we went out and that seemed to do the trick.

Another thing - don't bother going to the market. It was a nightmare. Myself and my eldest daughter went, we couldn't just stroll around and have a look without being harrassed in to buying. I went to get a coke and my poor daughter (12) was bullied into paying €18 for a bracelet she would have got in mainland Spain for €5 - I think its in the bin now!!!

We went whale and dolphin watching on a lovely catamaran (€100 for the 4 of us - haggle!!). All we saw was 2 sea turtles, but it was a nice trip and we enjoyed it. There's a little shop beside the marina which has some nice souvenirs. I hope you have a great time when you go. We really enjoyed it and would go back again.

Celine

uk
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo club, Fuerteventura

Hi Celine

Thank you for replying! not so worried now, although was not too worried in the first place just a bit wary! glad u had a fantastic time! i know what you mean about the market we were there last year and had the same trouble!! i really cant wait on an evening every now and again me and my partner have been sitting up the back of luton airport (where i live) watching the planes and i keep seeing first choice ones and getting excited! how sad am i! a bit worried about the cockroahes but i suppose its something to expect out there, i suppose it also depends on what time of year you are there! (prob wrong though)

hope to get a sea view too when we go, thanks again

Love Caz