We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuerteventura to Lanzarote Timanfaya Volcanic National Park

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fuerteventura to Lanzarote Timanfaya Volcanic National Park

Hi everyone,

We're going to Caleta de Fuste on 25th of Jan (non package holiday) and have been looking for a day trip to Timanfaya in Lanzarote... Been to the main Fuerteventura.com site to book one but after several attempts they have not replied. Does anyone know of any other days trips we could book? Many thanks in advance...

Lynn and Ben

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuerteventura to Lanzarote Timanfaya Volcanic National Park

Hi Benalynn.

I have never been to Fuerte before so I am lurking around here.

Have a look at the link here...

www.fuerteventura.com/Excursions/index.asp

I have done the Timanfaya trip while on hols last year, on Lanzarote. It was awsome, in the true sense of the word.

Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuerteventura to Lanzarote Timanfaya Volcanic National Park

Hi

My brother used these last August. Not for a Lanzarote tour but he was pleased with their service fuerteventura-excursions.com/index.php/… - they have 2 options that take in Timanfaya.

Alternatively I'm sure you will not have any problems booking excursions while in Caleta your accommodation reception would point you in the right direction, there is always someone wanting to sell you something!

Las Palmas de Gran...
Level Contributor
392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fuerteventura to Lanzarote Timanfaya Volcanic National Park

Rent a car in Caleta de Fuste, drive to Corralejo (about an hour), get the ferry to Playa Blanca, drive to Timanfaya, then go back. Easy in a day if you start early and well worth it.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fuerteventura to Lanzarote Timanfaya Volcanic National Park

I would advise the organised tour. A tour guide makes it a wonderfuly inforative trip and it also includes a great, typical Canarian lunch. I think it is Lastminute.com...?

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fuerteventura to Lanzarote Timanfaya Volcanic National Park

Last Minute have an office in the centre of Caleta de Fuste, and do an organised day trip to Lanzarote. The last time I went it was 70 euros for adults fot the coach, ferry, Timanfaya entrance and tour etc and a lunch.

Hiring a car to go there is usually not an option as most companies do not allow you to take their cars off the island.

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fuerteventura to Lanzarote Timanfaya Volcanic National Park

I think you will be able to book an excursion in resort in Caleta de Fuste.

Unless there are loads of you, then it will probably work out a similar (or better ) price - and be much less hassle.

We went on the Timanfaya tour when based in Lanzarote - well, it was a full island tour really - and it was great. The tour guide told us a lot of interesting info that I have never read in a travel book. We used Last Minute travel.

7. Re: Fuerteventura to Lanzarote Timanfaya Volcanic National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 20, 2014