We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taking food

england
Level Contributor
83 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
taking food

can any one tell me - can i take sealed bacon in my case?

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taking food

why would you wanna take bacon???

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taking food

Yes you can take sealed bacon weight restrictions permitting, the luggage hold is cold enough. Just hope your transfer is not too long because it would be terrible if the bacon got too warm in transit to the hotel. Also, wouldn't risk it from Heathrow Terminal 5 :)

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taking food

point less anyway as you can buy bacon out there,

england
Level Contributor
83 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taking food

Thankyou for your replies. I dont like the bacon in the supermarkets out there!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taking food

Hi,

Just a thought. Why don't you take either a small cool box as hand luggage or if you're not over on your weight take one in place of a suitcase? My mad mother in law took one in place of a suitcase to Greece. You should have seen our faces when she opened it. Bacon, Sausages, Viscount biscuits, chocolate, fruit you name it she brought it. When we asked her why she'd brought all of that she said it was her first time to Greece and she didn't know if they ate any food like us and didn't know whether they ate chocolate like we do. Sorry loopyflyer I don't mean your mad at least you only want to take bacon and I know what you mean it isn't the same over in Spain

Lancashire
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: taking food

We've taken bacon when we've been self catering. Took it in a cool bag, as suggested, but had frozen the bacon first. Did this a couple of times and it was fine.

fuerteventura
Level Contributor
131 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taking food

just so you know, you can buy frozen english bacon in most of the supermarkets in fue, probably not the same brand you have in the UK, but it´s still nice. No probs taking it in your case though.

sophs

8. Re: taking food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, September 25, 2009