We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naturist Area - Caleta De Fuste Hotels

England
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Naturist Area - Caleta De Fuste Hotels

We are looking to book for this resort and I am looking for one either close to a naturust beach or if not, a hotel that has its own naturist area as I know some do.

Does anyone know of any or can you advise me?

Also, does anyone know if the Barcelo Thalasso is a nudist friendly hotel in the sense of having a textile free spa area?

bristol
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naturist Area - Caleta De Fuste Hotels

Hi Toopster. In general, Calete is not a naturist area, it is more family orientated.If you want to get your kit off you are better looking at the south of the island where the germans go, or El Cotillo. The general rule seems to be that naturism is okay but away from the town beaches, and Caleta only has the one beach. I don't know about the Thalasso, sorry. Maybe someone else can help.

bp auckland
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Naturist Area - Caleta De Fuste Hotels

I would say the most suitable resorts for naturists are

Jandia, there is a massive beach where you could easily find a quiet spot.

El cotillo, also has a quite desolate beach

As far as i know the big beach to the south of corralejo is the only one with the low walled "private enclosures" that are used by naturists.

Caleta ......definitely not.

fuerteventura
Level Contributor
131 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naturist Area - Caleta De Fuste Hotels

Hiya, no the barcelo thalasso is not naturist friendly, there is no area for specifically for naturists and I think you would get a few complaints from the other guests. I would definitely look at heading to the south or Cotillo if you want to get your kit off, they only hotels with naturist areas are in Jandia. All the beaches in the south are a complete mixture. People do go without in Caleta, but very discreetly in the stone bunkers at the end of the beach,

sophs

England
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naturist Area - Caleta De Fuste Hotels

Thanks for the info. On the strength of the 3 replies that I hae had we have decided to book a holiday in Costa Calma, more suited to my tastes I believe.

Thanks

bp auckland
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Naturist Area - Caleta De Fuste Hotels

Costa calma is at the top end of the 16 kilometre beach that stretches all the way down to jandia, just walk a little while and i'm sure you'll find a lovely secluded area for yourselves.

I was on a fuerte forum last night, and some residents were saying that the authorities have started to clear away all the little stone bunkers in cotillo and caleta, and will shortly be heading for jandia.

Apparently they believe these bunkers are being used for gay fornication , drug taking and toilets !, so if you see any stay well clear.

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naturist Area - Caleta De Fuste Hotels

Hi Toopster,

I stayed in hotel H10 Tindaya in Costa Calma - it has a spa where it is specifically mentioned you can't be nude, but the beach in front of the hotel (direct access and sunbeds etc for hire) is mostly nudists and most of the beaches south (Sotavento) have lot's of people in the nip.

7. Re: Naturist Area - Caleta De Fuste Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fuerteventura