We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Please

Wirral, Merseyside
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Please

Hiya. My partner and I (aged 28 &29) are coming to Fuerteventura in March 2008 and although I have booked the flights we are yet to find the perfect hotel for us. I was hoping you would be able to offer advice into what hotels might suit what we want. Firstly, we would like a nice quiet hotel with no entertainment on in the day or at night and preferably not too many kids (dont mind a few but not millions of them). Secondly, what area is the nicest? I'd really like somewhere pretty and not too busy. Also, what is the driving like over there? Neither of us have driven on the right before and would like to get some practice in before we tackle other right-hand countries. Do the locals hurtle round like lunatics (like mainland spain) or is it mostly tourist anyway? Thanks for any help you can give xxx

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Please

Fuertaventura is one of the quietest of the Canary Islands and is mainly a place to relax. It's only real draw back is the very fine sand on the beaches which certain times of the year, the wind whips up. There is very little traffic there and to be honest, not a lot to see or do. A taxi might be better than a car, but take your driving licence along any way.

halifax england...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Please

If you don't mind being surrounded by our German friends the South of the Island maybe the best you. you should have no problems driving the roads are quiet, some of the mountain passes on the West Coast can be a bit daunting. We usually hire a 4 x 4 as some of the more remote beaches are down dirt tracks.

I woudnt describe Ferte as pretty it does have its own rugged grandeur though. People tend to either love it or hate it there doesnt seem to be any middle ground.

Cant think of any hotels that woudnt have any entertainment perhaps you would be better off with a villa/apartment

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Please

hi kitty, all resorts are nice, but amongst the quietest are Caleta de fuste [now costa caleta], costa calma, and el cotillo [which is bar far the quietest, no that's a lie, the quietest is neuvo horizonte [ a few km's north of caleta] but it's so quit, it's practically a ghost town!

I prefer caleta, it's 90% flat and far more peaceful, when compared to Jandia, or Coralejo, plus it's the quickest to get to from the airport, you do get planes flying over, but they're pretty infrequent and are never noticed!

I can recommend a few hotels, Barcelo Fuerteventura, San Jorge, Elba Sara, Sheraton, or the golf complex! A good website for info is www.sunnyfuerteventura.com

I have photo's on my profile of caleta, if you wish to see, or any questions pm me.

england
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Please

yeah i agree caleta is the place but hotel fuerteventura , r well , over priced , and so is the golf . thats right outa the way ....lol....the hotel broncemar id go 4 ... in caleta ...if not go 4 an apt .....

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Please

dianaengland did you know the broncemar is a kids club hotel as i booked to go there last year but changed as its a super mario club thingy for kids, and wirralkitty said she dont mind kids but not loads and im sure your gonna get loads of kids here as its a kiddies hotel,

wirralkitty if you really are looking for a very nice hotel with not so many kids i would highly recomend the blue bay palace, i was there in july07 yes there was kids there but not loads!!! the pools are great as you dont get loads of kids in there with inflateables as thay are baned in there pools

take a look at there hotel its in corrlejo

im back there in aug08

england
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Please

oops sorry i forgot u dont want loads of kids ... u no theres quite a few villas available i n calletta, they really are nice ...James Villas hav a nice choice ..

The beautiful West
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice Please

Hi,

we are just back from Caleta de Fuste and loved it tried Correlajo in Jan but prefer Caleta.

we booked direct with owner for apartment in small complex but it has Irish bar(very quiet hardly any kids there) Caleta has a great supply of restaurants and bars, some great walks by the coast, the chipmunks come out to play every day and will come up to be fed.

The Elba San Jorg hotel looked great. I got loads of info of this web site.

www.furteventura.com

pm me if you need any other info

8. Re: Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 14, 2009