We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

denix replica firearms

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
denix replica firearms

hello .....can anyone tell me if the company DENIX SA.....based in the ciutadella de menorca has a factory shop that visitors can visit it is manufactors of replica firearms .....also does it sell to the public ....many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: denix replica firearms

I have worked in the tv and film Industry for over 20 years now and have seen these replicas on set but never knew they were made in Menorca until today.

I think it would be better to ask on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/DenixReplicas

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,864 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: denix replica firearms

Being serious, how would you get on taking such a thing home on the aeroplane ? ( unless you are just wanting to look at them to judge quality) Having one of those in your luggage showing up on the x-ray machine at the airport could cause some issues LOL

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: denix replica firearms

hi menorca regular i will have to look into this but i have read on denix web site that all their replica firearms comes with a certificate weather that is enough to get it back through uk custpms i'm not sure but i will look into it ....,.thanks for the heads up by the way

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,864 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: denix replica firearms

That's OK zippy - TBH that was the first thing that sprang into my mind - headlines of "British Tourist detained for carrying replica firearm in hand luggage" LOL

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: denix replica firearms

Thank you for drawing our attention to this company we were unaware of. My husband fancies a visit even if only for the leather goods and letter openers!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: denix replica firearms

Be careful. I bought a MP40 in Barcelona and loaded it into my hold luggage but it was still confiscated at Barcelona airport. This was even though Aer Lingus will allow you to carry a real gun in your hold luggage as long as there is no ammo with it. I tried to demonstrate to the three Guardia Civil officers that it was a non firing replica and almost got shot for my pains. Even although they examined the magazine, no inner workings just a hollow tube, they still wouldn't allow it on the plane. When I got home Aer Lingus contacted them and explained that carrying a replica gun in hold luggage was perfectly OK and that the replica was not illegal in Ireland. Still no dice.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
uk
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: denix replica firearms

Personally I would advise against it. Thrte are laws concerning having a replica firearm in a public place, however at the same it is a replica and you have a right to having it.....however...bringing one in from abroad is not advisable. If its a good replica then you will more than likely have it taken off you, if you can even get it through the spanish airport in the first place.

If you wish to purchase such items whilst in the uk through legitimate means then thats fine, but bringing them through airports in this day and age is really not ideal. I can assure you you will have issues with the uk border agency.

Edited: 2:36 pm, October 11, 2014
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,363 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: denix replica firearms

Perhaps you could purchase one at the factory and have it legally sent to your home address .

It could be sent by a courier firm.

Just a thought

Graham

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
14,864 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: denix replica firearms

Not sure why in this day and age you cannot just order these things online from the UK TBH. In these days of heightened security worries surely it is better not to risk issues with airport security when you do not need to

uk
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: denix replica firearms

This is true. Like I said; in this day and age? Bringing such things through airports is just asking for grief irrelevant of laws.

I know some folk can be really stubborn about their rights to bring this and that, which is understandable, but on this subject and these kind of items I really think its a no brainer.

Holidays are for enjoying.

Get answers to your questions about Ciutadella
Recent Conversations