We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amber Cars - recommended for great service

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
15,850 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Amber Cars - recommended for great service

As one of the island's Destination Experts , I would like to point out to less regular readers that the tongue in cheek thread about Amber Cars that is currently running (https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187464-i494-k8895659-o10-Amber_Cars_Warning-Minorca_Balearic_Islands.html#77587749 ) is NOT (as the title suggests) a warning not to use them, but is in fact advice that you will get great service if you DO choose to hire from them.

Amber Cars is a small local independent firm who takes pride in looking after its customers and relies on good feedback , repeat custom and personal recommendation , so please read the posts in the thread I mentioned above rather just than the title. Book direct with them and you will be met personally in the airport so no delays in picking up your car or for unexpected add ons like some of the larger firms

There is a Top Question about car hire and warnings about which firms to avoid in Menorca and I recommend anyone hiring for the first time read it carefully to avoid disappointment and financial loss

11 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
5 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amber Cars - recommended for great service

I'm sure you'll get this through the other thread but just to make double sure!

Does anyone know if Amber cars have opening times (as such, I know they deliver!) Our flight in doesn't land till 20.30 & for departure we'd need to be dropping off at 08.00, will they be able to do those times?

Any responses gratefully received!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
640 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amber Cars - recommended for great service

Drop a line to Pancho - he's around even at this time of y ear. He has just replied to me about a quick trip | am making in March. For the record, adding to comments from others, Amber offers an absolutely first- class service in all respects. Reliable, efficient, polite and economic.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amber Cars - recommended for great service

Thanks Dogdad, will certainly do that this weekend. Always glad to give trade to a local business.

Thanks to you & all the Menorca forum regulars, you guys are a font of useful information :)

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amber Cars - recommended for great service

Our flight lands at 9 pm so I was worried if they would wait for me to give the keys. I email them and Pancho replied saying that's not a problem and we will be waiting for you. That was nice feeling knowing that they will offer service even at night. Hope they will turn up but I'm sure they will.

South
Level Contributor
215 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amber Cars - recommended for great service

I have booked with them for May, Pancho is a nice guy and allayed any fears i had.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amber Cars - recommended for great service

Booked for June, top notch service so far & Pancho seems very nice. Can't wait to get there now!

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
15,850 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amber Cars - recommended for great service

I am sure you will not be disappointed. He will meet you in arrivals - no queuing or hanging around like you grow to expect when using the larger firms . Have a lovely and relaxing holiday

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amber Cars - recommended for great service

Ambercars is a fantastic carhire we've used them for some years now and can't rate them highly enough Pancho and his wife are lovely friendly ( English speaking ..in case your worried) no hidden extras nice clean well maintained cars and a genuine warm welcome to Minorca your in your car and away in no time ..we are hiring with them again this May and can't wait!

CStannard
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amber Cars - recommended for great service

Used Amber last year and have just booked up for this year also - they're great.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amber Cars - recommended for great service

A fantastic company to hire a car through. From the initial enquiry, to booking, to arriving at the airport, every part of the communication was top notch! Pancho met us at the airport, easy handover, no confusing forms to complete, no decisions to make on any confusing added extras. What you see is what you get! Fantastic car, we hired the Citroen Cactus, spotlessly clean, plenty of petrol to get to our destination allowing us to refill for our stay the following day. Pancho was great, really feel you are getting a personal service, none of these monopolising run of the mill hire companies to deal with. Thank you Pancho, we will definitely be in touch again next year to hire a car through you. Have a good summer and enjoy your wonderful island!

Reply to: Amber Cars - recommended for great service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Menorca