We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

Watlington, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

Has anyone heard of or used Euromax car hire. They have given me a good quote for 2 weeks in July but it all seems very informal - not like the big companies.

56 replies to this topic
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,719 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

Informal in what way? Be aware of cheap headline prices which don't include all the little nasties they add on like insurances and the favourite full/empty fuel policy which 9 times out of 10 you'll never use unless you have the car for 2 weeks and spend the entire time touring the island and hence having paid up front for a tank of fuel you won't use.

I can't say I've ever heard of them and I've been visiting the island for 25 years or so, stick with one of the popular ones and you won't go far wrong, Sixt, Hasso, Hiper are all good, Goldcar are one to be avoided for the horrid queues at the terminal.

Edited: 3:10 pm, March 04, 2013
Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

I have heard of euromax, a couple of my neighbours use him regular for hire cars & have recommended him, I cannot remember exactly how the transaction takes place but it is a more laid back approach than the usual hire companies.

The extra insurance is not compulsory, I always use a full tank,my last trip I end up putting another €40 in.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

I Have used Euromax on two occasions and have three cars booked with them for end of May 2013, As far as i am concerned they are the best car hire company on the island. They have a very fair fuel policy of return as found, not like the big boys Sixt, Hertz etc. who operate a full to empty policy and you have to pay for a full tank (at exhorbitant prices usually another 60/70 euro's on the price quoted) even if you don't use it all. We have been met at the airport in the cafe beside the car park by the owner of the company on both previous occasions, One proviso is that he does not take credit cards strictly euro's so take currency to pay. I assure you you will not be disappointed with the car or the service

Richard from Cramlington

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
854 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

I have not used them myself but one of my neighbors tried them and was impressed by the service and value

http://www.euromaxcars.com/

Don't forget that we live on Mallorca so if there is a problem with a company it doesn't cause us as much inconvenience as it would someone renting for a family holiday

Edited: 7:36 am, March 05, 2013
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

Be careful what you post Richard from Cramlington in addition to the welcomed favourable report on Euromax. Not all car hire companies at PMI regardless of size operate a full/empty fuel policy.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

Hi WirralScouse if you know one that doesn't rip you off on the fuel, Share it with everyone please

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

The 2 you mentioned don't, Sixt and Hertz.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,634 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

I concur with Paul059 - I've used Sixt on my most recent two rentals from Palma airport and on both hires it was full-to-full fuel policy.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

I echo Sixt.From personal experience.

Edited: 11:58 am, March 05, 2013
Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax

Hi guys,

Car hire is something we will always disagree with, whilst sixt &hertz may not screw you with the fuel policy they will screw you for price instead.lol

Reply to: Car hire at Palma airport - Euromax
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca