We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

record car hire

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
record car hire

I know car hire can be a sore subject & many people come onto this forum to slate hire companies when things go wrong, but many people never praise companies including myself.

I have just booked a 5 door fiesta ( group C1 ) from record for 14 nights in march for €67 including my 10% discount, i know the fuel will cost me around €85 so the total bill will be €152.

I personally think that's a good deal, i did a comparison with sixt & the same car group was €197 without fuel,

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: record car hire

Terry's are well spoken of on here.As are Vanrell and Autos Roig.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,716 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: record car hire

Hi,

I landed at PMI last week along with 2 other inbound UK flights.

Whilst waiting for my luggage i had a look at the car hire desks.

The only one out of all of them that were open doing any business was Record.

All the rest were manned but with no customers.

Several people were waiting at the Record desk for one of the 2 people to serve them.

It just shows that no matter how many people complain there is always another to hire a car at what they feel is the right price.

Good Marketing, or whatever it is they are getting a lot of trade even in winter time.

I do not use any of the car hire firms, it was just an observation after reading the many threads on here.

28SAC

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: record car hire

Good bit of observation that SAC. I think that situation is more likely to have been because the car hire brokers eg Holiday Autos, are placing their customers with Record because of their pricing. When I booked car hire at Malaga Airport late October via Holiday Autos they placed me with Record. The car was excellent,almost new Peugeot 208, and the price was right-just the very long queue at the Record desk in the terminal at AGP was a pain. Like you saw at PMI none of the other hire desks had (m)any customers.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: record car hire

Hi SAC & Wirral,

Next month I have hired a car for 14 nights from Record & have paid 54 euros, I priced the same car from Sixt & it worked out at 207 euros,so I don't mind if I have a short wait as the saving will get me a return flight to Mallorca.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: record car hire

Even with full/empty fuel policy and a charge for insurance excess waiver that is a remarkable price difference mac.I haven't yet booked my car for April from Sixt as I was waiting for Holiday Autos 10% off deals for Majorca to come around (they are currently for Spanish mainland only) and see what that price differential would be. I do know Holiday Autos often place with Record at PMI (as well as with Hiper and Centauro).

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: record car hire

I never take their excess waiver policy as you will know Wirral,ok I am paying a mark up on the fuel which would work out around 30 euro's,but I except that.

I understand you can go to the express line at the counter & pay extra to be served quicker, I believe the price is around 10 euro's upwards.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: record car hire

Ive just used Record as they were cheapest(I always use a comparison site and then check the company's own) Record are ok. The full tank scam is a pain ok. the main thing is to check the car carefully for any dinks scratches etc as I found a cracked mirror and a dink (which they happily signed for) but then that makes it YOUR job to check the car in a gloomy car park! I also use annual excess insurance which is a great deal if you even just travel ONCE. Record did not check the car on return but 'said' if it was not damaged no prob. Anyhow nothing was taken off my credit card, they said they just put a 'block' on E400 which is ok as some actually take the 400 and then return it. No transaction appears on my account so guess thats ok?

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: record car hire

Just picked up my hire car yesterday afternoon from record & I was very impressed with the service I got, I was expecting a very large queue as we didn't arrive until around 1pm.

When I arrive at the desk they were 6 staff & they were only 2 customers, I had the keys in my hands & walking away from the desk within 4 minutes.

I glanced along to gold car & they only had 4 people in the queue, I got a brand new berlingo for 3 days for €37 there was no charge for the new Eco tax

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: record car hire

"....there was no charge for the new Eco tax".

That's going to be interesting next Monday when I collect my pre-booked hire car from Sixt at PMI. I seem to recall Sixt charged Crazypom for the new tax earlier this month.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: record car hire

Hi WS,

I was going to mention it to them but I decided not to jog their memory.lol

Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca