We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

Hi,

I'm getting married next year in October. I'm having second thoughts about where I'm having the wedding. Could anyone recommend a nice hotel in Mallorca that would be able to accommodate weddings?

Thanks,

E

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

You need to be more specific to get any worthwhile help.Are you just interested in an hotel that can provide a wedding reception? Or are you thinking of getting married in Majorca? If so the rules are different eg has either party been married before/Catholic/either party resident in Majorca? There are no-nos.

If you want the whole wedding package you really do need to hire a Majorcan wedding planner.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

Have you looked at La Residencia in Deia?

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

It's not cheap, but the Marriott at Son Antem hosts weddings.

marriott.com/hotels/…

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

Thanks Wirral. I should give more information for detailed responses.

Well, I have looked at Hotel Galatzo and have been in communication with them, but am starting to have doubts based on delayed in responses back and with the reviews I have read on here about how the place needs improvements (also saw some pictures from reviewers).

I'm Canadian, but my fiancé is British/Canadian citizen. He has never lived in Spain. I know about the challenges of getting married in Spain. We would be getting married in our own country, but would like to do the celebratory "ceremony" in Spain.

I have already found a photographer and a make/hair stylist. I was thinking of getting a wedding planner to help make the arrangements for me, but wanted to cut out that extra cost and middle person.

So I guess my questions more specifically would be:

1) Which part of Mallorca?

2) Any recommendations of hotels that are 4 stars and would have a nice onsite scenery for a wedding?

No, I haven't Maya. What is the beach and area like in Deia? Where is Deia in relation to Palma de Mallorca?

Thanks Mark. Will take at look any way.

Thanks everyone!

El

Caimari, Mallorca
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

October youve got pretty much broad scope in terms of hotels as most will have enought space. However, do bear in mind that the cost of doing it though a hotel will NOT be cheap - "Simple, low cost" things tend to snowball with even the most down-to-earth bride to be. Thats one of the (two) reasons why I dont do weddings in my hotels and I know many of the other small hotels nearby also dont.

Ironically, a good wedding planner, who can rent a local facility, not charge so much markup on wines, food etc, who has their own tables/chairs/tents etc can work out cheaper than the DIY approach, especially if you dont speak spanish or understand the Spanish laws & regulations (did you know you need a permit from the COnsell Insular to put up a tent, for example!)

If you need a good, english speaking wedding planner I know one.

Caimari, Mallorca
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

Forgot to say, in early October Id propably NOT do Deia /Valdemossa/ Fornalutx areas. These tramuntana villages are still very busy in those months, as they are full of walkers/ "explorers" and hence hotel prices for your invitees will still be relatively high wheras in other areas of Mallorca it will already be low season.

Also, mid/end Oct, once the mist rolls into those villages they can be as cold and bleak as something out of Exmoor circa "American Wearwolf in London" - youre probably too young to knwo the film but you can google it!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

Now THAT'S useful advice from a local who is in a position to know.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

Thanks for the tips finca. So which part of Mallorca would you recommend? What is the average wedding cost in Mallorca? How much does a wedding planner cost?

My cousin had a wedding in Barbados recently and she seemed so relaxed with all the planning done for her. However, I did see how this planner did not really work for her, such as negotiate on her behalf. I know I shouldn't let one wedding planner deter me. As well, I thought I'd save money on not having a wedding planner, but am beginning to think I need one. All reason for hiring a planner makes sense, but I'm just concerned about the total cost.

Caimari, Mallorca
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

Im afraid I dont know the anwer to most of those questions! I know Menu. the biggest "local"caterer on the Island, has wedding packs from 80 Euros pp. As to area, look, it depends on what you need. Personally Bunyola/Sta MAria,Alaro areas I like but there are few hotels there with as stunning views as, for example, places in Banyalbufar. Best way to find out how mch a wedding planner here is to ask em!

Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in Mallorca for October 2012

Get in contact with hotel son baulo in Alcudia Bay (Can Picafort), they plan everything for you ,including different options, like wedding ceremony on the beach or Manor House nearby (Cases de Son Sant Martí), they do all paperwork, permissions...the major hels the ceremony, flowes, photographer,, wedding suite,,,,;

: hotelsonbaulo@teleline.es

Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca