We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car Hire desks Palma Airport

Which Palma de Mallorca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
64 reviews
car Hire desks Palma Airport

I have booked a car for 10 days in June/July. It was booked through an agency and they sourced the car I want with Auriga Crown. As we are staying in Palma for the first 3 days we will be arriving at PMI by taxi to collect the car. If I remember correctly some of the car hire desks are in the arrivals hall but in the luggage reclaim area. I assume they can be accessed from the public access side of the arrivals hall as well ??.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,633 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: car Hire desks Palma Airport

Aren't Auriga Crown off-terminal? I seem to recall seeing their compound/offices on the RHS of the airport approach as I drove to the Terminal. But I am going to PMI tomorrow and will nose around while I wait (for a long time) for my luggage to arrive on the carousel. If in the meantime nobody replies I will post next week.I may be confusing with Malaga so don't hold your breath!

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
64 reviews
2. Re: car Hire desks Palma Airport

Thanks WS I seem to remember from last year that there are car hire desks in the luggage reclaim area but I assume they can also be accesses from the other side once you have cleared customs.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
948 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: car Hire desks Palma Airport

Hi yes they can be accessed from both sides of the terminals.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,633 posts
97 reviews
4. Re: car Hire desks Palma Airport

Hayzer.Just back today.Yes the car hire desks have a nifty arrangement.A window on 2 sides the baggage reclaim side and the arrivals side.And I checked that Auriga Crown are there .

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
64 reviews
5. Re: car Hire desks Palma Airport

Thanks for that Wirral you are a star.

Did you have a good trip ?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,633 posts
97 reviews
6. Re: car Hire desks Palma Airport

I can only say "Reasonable" Hayzer.My own fault for electing to go again early season.I know the risks and hoped for the best,instead of which we got the worst.Persistent heavy rain Tuesday-Friday inclusive and only 12degsC.Perked up Saturday and Sunday beautifully sunny and warm.

Had a car so we did get around.We stayed at Pollensa Park Hotel, really good value booked through Travel Republic.Hotel quite full of cyclists over for an events week culminating in a road race on Saturday which finished in PP.I felt so sorry for them as until race day their conditions were awful.Many had spills on the wet roads.

I will be doing an hotel review and a PP posting about prices in the resort.Very surprised at how expensive and it's not just because of the exchange rate!

Kind regards.(At least you can rely on good weather when you go).

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
64 reviews
7. Re: car Hire desks Palma Airport

Sorry to hear that the weather wasn't too kind to you.

It really is hit or miss this time of year. I had similar conditions for quite a few days in October one year. I would certainly expect good weather in June/July.

You should have asked what the weather was going to be like before you booked(wink)

I certainly noticed an increase in costs last year and we were getting 1.27 Euro to the £ then. I can only hope the rates go up in the next few months.

8. Re: car Hire desks Palma Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:30 am, October 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca