We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina Portals or Marina Luz

chester
2 posts
Save Topic
Marina Portals or Marina Luz

Hello

I am looking to book a decent quality hotel fo a good price but somewhere a bit quieter than the likes of Magaluff. I am keen to be near to Palma as i would like to have part city break part beach holiday.

The Marina Portals in Portals Nous or the Marina Luz in Can Pastilla are what i have managed to find .

Has anyone any opinions on which of these would be better or any other similar ideas.

Also how hot is it at night in late April i will be travelling with an infant and am slightly worried about the quality of the air conditioning.

Thanks in advance for your help

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
257 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina Portals or Marina Luz

Hi,

I stayed at the Marina Portals 2 years ago and didn't like it. I don't know what your expectations are but I like a little luxury and nice surroundings. We needed an extra bed for our daughter and found the room totally cramped. The bed was wedged between the queen sized bed and the balcony with just enough space in between to get through. Had to put our luggage in the wardrobe as there was no other space in the room to lay it out. Room and bathroom was ok but not of a high standard. Buffet breakfast was also a disappointment compared to the other places we stayed in during our stay (we were in 4 hotels around the island). Pool - so-la-la. I usually look forward to some live music at night or a nice bar to sit at since we can't leave our daughter alone in the hotel and go somewhere else. Bar was boring.

Can't comment on Marina Luz.

Hope this helped.

Fran

2. Re: Marina Portals or Marina Luz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 am, August 26, 2009