We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet Resort?

Bristol
12 posts
Save Topic
Quiet Resort?

I have booked for 5 days in October and want to chill and recharge my batteries. Would appreciate if you could suggest which resorts are best, or better, which hotel. Thank you

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet Resort?

Hi Msh

Really depends on your taste. Mallorca in October should be relatively quiet everywhere.

I would suggest Soller or Deya for old world charm and lovely scenery.

Or perhaps

Cala Dor.

Cala San Vicente

Puerto Pollensa.

Cala Ratjada

How much have you got to spend per night and what sort of things do you like to do - eating, sunbathing, walking?? If you give us some ideas it would make it easier for someone to suggest some particular hotels.

Lanska

Bristol
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet Resort?

Thanks Lanska

I have booked my flights and will be booking my hotel and transfers seperately. I would look to spend no more that £40 a night for a hotel

I am looking to relax and happy to sit by a pool and read or go for walks. Just want away from hustle and bustle

You mentioned Soller and that is one place I have been looking at but will look at some of the other places you suggested

Any further recommendations would be appreciated eg best sites for booking hotels/transport

regards

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet Resort?

Hi Msh

Have a look at the inside pages for P Soller. There are a number of pages on things to do and where to eat.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g319794-s5/Soller:M…

As for transfers I can recommend www.balearictransfer.com We have used them a number of times and they have always been very reliable, although I have not used any other company so can not compare. Here is a list of the most commonly mentioned sites on here, just remember to check the price is per car not per person!!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187462-s304/Majorc…

I've alwyas found this site good for finding hotels

www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk It has links to booking sites but if you click on the hotel name it will take you to the hotel site - so you can compare which is the cheapest option.

I think Soller or P Soller would be perfect for you and take a look at the Marina hotel - I think that will be in budget.

If I can help with anything else please let me know.

Jackie

Bristol
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet Resort?

Jackie

Thanks very much for this. Lots of very useful suggestions and look forward to looking at the vaious sites.

Very much appreciated

Martin

Ireland
Level Contributor
922 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet Resort?

I was in Puerta de Soller myself last October. I enjoyed the stay and it was quiet, probably too quiet for some. The Hotel Es Port has a large pool with plenty of recliners around it. I could throroughly recommend it.

Bristol
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet Resort?

Jaygee

Thanks for this. Looks like I will be going to Soller

Regards

Northampton, England
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet Resort?

Martin

If you haven't yet booked, take a look at Puerto Pollensa on the North coast. It has a relaxed atmosphere and has good beaches too.

There are plenty of hotels or you could try self catering.

I found www.holidaypropertiesdirect.com to have quite a few villas and apartments for this part of Mallorca.

Sandra

Bristol
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiet Resort?

Thank you for the suggestions. I have decided on the Soller/Puerta Soller area. However, struggling to get accomodation

I was going to try and get the best deal for half board or even all inclusive but reading other replies it sounds as though there are so many lovely places to try for food.

Also decided to hire a car for the 5 days so I can get out and about the island and get to see more

So just looking for a nice place that does B&B and is less than 40 euros a night. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Martin

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiet Resort?

msh1963

Another site for you http://www.sollernet.com/hotelen.html

Are you after single accommodation or shared? Lets see what we can come up with. What dates are you going?

Happy to help if I can!

Lanska

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quiet Resort?

Just realised that sounds odd - I just meant are you travelling alone and want single occupancy?

I didn't mean would you mind sharing with strangers!!!

Lanska