We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coves / Caves de Genova review

Fredrikstad, Norway
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Coves / Caves de Genova review

We just came home from a trip to PalmaNova and while there we visited Coves de Genova. We were really in doubt whether we should go or not as I really couldn't find much on it here, or any other website before we went. So I wanted to write a review for any travelers who are in doubt.

We are a family of five, kids ages 7, 10 and 12. It cost 9 Euro for adults and 5 for kids. They wanted to charge my 12 year old as an adult. (Apparently kids are only to 10).

The caves are located in a residential area, so there is only a city bus that goes close. We took a taxi from Palmanova and it cost 10 Euro.

The entrance is a little door in the backyard of a restaurant. The times on the brochure says it opens at 10:30. The sign when you get there say 11:00. We got there at 10:45 and the lady had to call the guide, so we were able to go down at 11:30. There is nothing else to do, so expect to wait. (At this point and add in that there were no reviews or info online, I was extremely doubtful about our adventure.)

Our guide showed up and unlocked the chain on the entrance. From the beginning I thought it was worth it. It really is an interesting cave. There are small steps in the stone, and our guide in few English words explained the stalagmites, stalactites, and what minerals each area was. There were different lights colors installed to make it beautiful. It was a maze of small hallways until we had descended 36 meters down. He showed us translucent, solid, sounds they make. He even pointed out lots of different forms if you applied a little "fantasy". (The kids loved that part the most).

We were in the cave for about 30-40 min. but it didn't seem rushed at all. We stopped and he insisted we take a family pictures at several places. Our kids have talked about it several times afterwards.

We walked down to the harbor afterwards to take the bus back, but in true style, the bus didn't show and after about 30 min. wait (10 min. before and 20 min. after posted time) we ended up taking a taxi back.

I cannot compare it to other caves in Mallorca and the brochures says it is the smallest on the island, but if you are in this area and don't want to pay for transportation to any of the bigger ones. We were happy with this one.

1. Re: Coves / Caves de Genova review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 06, 2014