We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help please!!

fife
Level Contributor
562 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
help please!!

Hi really need some advice! We have had our 2 week july holiday booked since last year. I've recently found out I'm pregnant and will be too far on to be allowed to fly. My options are cancelling or chnging to an earlier date when I can fly and won't be crazy big just so the kids still get a holiday. Any question is should I stick with majorca ( will it be hot enough to sunbathe,kids go in pool etc) or should I be looking further afield at cyprus,tenerife etc? Really fancy still going to majorca but don't want kids being unable to swim lol. Any advice woud be hugely appreciated! We would be going beginning of may.

London, England
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help please!!

Can't speak from recent experience, but weather4travel.com should help as it gives avearges , by destination, by month. I'd find it OK in May with averages of 21 degrees in Mallorca, but I've sometimes found it too hot in southern spain, with temperatures a few degrees hifgher

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help please!!

Congratulations, chocopop. We went to majorca first week of May a few years ago and it was about 25 degrees most days, and never got beyond 28. You should manage in early May but when it gets much hotter I know that I for one would struggle in extreme heat if I was expecting.

fife
Level Contributor
562 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help please!!

Thanks, it was actually the travel agent who put me off saying " oh you don't want to go to balerics in may, too cold and too much rain!" Maybe she just wanted me to spend more to book further afield! I know noone can predict the weather would just be gutted for the kids if it rained most of the week!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help please!!

May is an iffy month weatherwise. The travel agent has a historical weather background in support. You could take your chance, I would.Aren't your kids going to be in school early May?

fife
Level Contributor
562 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help please!!

Hi yes they would be in school, we get 6th may off so they would only need 4 days off. Like i said was supposed to be july our school hols but i cant fly then so just trying to sort something out for may

West Sussex
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help please!!

Hi

We to are going to Majorca in May 10th - 24th. We went last year 5th May for a week. Weather was beautiful around 25 each day. We did have one overcast day with a bit of rain in the morning but by lunchtime we were by the pool enjoying the weather.

We booked for the same time as it was a little quieter than peak season, yes we have just had to sit with headmistress to have the official dressing down but alls good.

My kids are 5 and just over 1 so did not want them in the hottest part of the season until I knew they could manage ok. But I would recommend this time of year, yes the records say around 5 days of rain in May but we experienced lovely weather.

I posted pictures for Lagotel Hotel Majorca if you look at them it shows the weather from last May, the beach picture shows the overcast day. But you will see the very sunny ones.

I hope this helps, hope you and your family have a fantastic time

fife
Level Contributor
562 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help please!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Your photos looked great we stayed there 2 years ago and were going there in july. I take it,it was warm enough for kids to swim in the pool then? Im soo confused lol hate pregnancy brain!

West Sussex
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help please!!

Hi

Yes the kids swam most days, the pool water was a little cold at first but once your in its fine. Trying to get them out of it was the hardest bit.

The sea was amazing again a little cold at first but lovely once in.

From our previous experience the weather is great and your kids would have no worried about swimming. If like mine they just about give you the time to dump the cases then they are off ready to get in.

We would not go this time of year if we thought we would spend everyday wrapped up and not swimming. We can stay at home for that ha ha

9. Re: help please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Majorca