We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just wondered...

London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Just wondered...

Hi all..

Am bringing my mum to majorca in the first week of september so wondered what weather to expect...

Would also appreciate any advice on places to vist..

Many thanks...

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just wondered...

Still summer so really hot.

Loads of places to visit in the guides, - what ones do you like the look of?

London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just wondered...

Hi..

To be honest,haven"t really checked

the guides...am off to the library on

Thursday,so will do..

Glad about the weather...not much

hope for a hot summer here!!..

Are all the resorts within easy travelling

distance??

Many thanks.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just wondered...

Sorry Debs, I meant the guide over on the right of this page :-)

Nothing in Majorca is more than 90 mins away. There's loads to do but I need to know more like if it's museums and cathedrals or markets and stunning views you and mum fancy doing.

Or 70 mph go-karting lol

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just wondered...

Sorry...whoops..

Well can't imagine mum on the go cart,it takes a decent bribe to get her on the underground

but shes pretty active after a few gallons of coffee so I was mainly thinking of old towns,and just general nice scenery,maybe a few walks,nothing too strenous( meaning me not her ha ha)...

Its good that travelling between resorts shouldnt take too long..went Cyprus two years ago and almost had to pack overnight to vist other areas!!!

Many thanks again...

Debs.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just wondered...

Have you got your town/hotel booked yet?

London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just wondered...

Hi,

Yes we have booked the Plaja d'or hotel,which is in Puerto Alcudia I believe.

Too many times we have travelled to ''family orientated resorts'' and been stuck watching children's discos for entertainment so we thought we would try an adults only resort.

Have you been to this area?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel D'Or
Hotel D'Or
290 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Alcudia
Alcudia
Majorca, Spain
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just wondered...

Yes i have, many times, It's a lovely part of the Island. The Bay of Alcudia stretches for absolute miles, the further you get from Port de Alcudia the better it gets, arguably the beach at Playa de Muro is the best on the island.

Inland from the Port there's the old town, there's a market on twice a week, and it's set within the old walls and you can walk around in there, there's a church and i think a Museum.

If you have a car you can head for the mountains easily, or head to the centre of the island to the Binnisalem area and there's several working vineyards where you can do a tour (and wine tasting! :-) ).

They'll be coach tours to other parts of the island like the famous Caves if you fancy that as well.

Mentioned in this post
Alcudia
Alcudia
Majorca, Spain
Playa de Muro
Playa de Muro
Majorca, Spain
Leeds England
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just wondered...

Hi Debbie, we were at the Platja D'or last year and had a wonderful time - one of the great things about this hotel is the beach which is less than 100 yards away through a small tree lined area. I see in one of your other posts wanting to know which is the best beach in Majorca - well this one will take some beating and the area were the hotel is the beach is quieter as well. One thing I am sure you will enjoy doing is to take some bread from the restaurant into the sea with you and feeding the fish - you only need to go a couple of yards in and you will have hundreds of fish literally eating the bread out of your hands. Hope you have a good time there.

Mentioned in this post
Platja d'Or
Platja d'Or
1,624 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just wondered...

Hello and thank you for your message..

The beach sounds lovely,especially the fish!

So glad the hotel was ok,i think you always worry when you havent been somewhere before.

Many thanks..

Debbie.

10. Re: Just wondered...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 10, 2014