We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very quiet holiday in Majorca

Bexhill on Sea
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Very quiet holiday in Majorca

We want to spend two peaceful weeks in Majorca in late May early June. We are 70ish! Self catering quiet location not too far from the beach. Definitely not in a large resort. Would like access to some flat cycling routes if possible. Can anyone help please?

Thank you

alcudia
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Very quiet holiday in Majorca

i think you would enjoy puerto pollensa, alcudia, or even playa de muro.

all are flat and i consider them quiet resorts( of course depending on the hotel)

you could book through a tour operator or go it on your own.

there is one hotel that i think would suit you, its not self catering but very quiet and has the type of client that you would fit in with.

hotel more vermell or called the hotel more by some tour operators.

its in a lovley location just near the old town of alcudia, family run and it gets repeat guests all the time.

try out these websites for more info on the resorts

www.puertopollensa.com

www.thealcudiaguide.com

good luck

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very quiet holiday in Majorca

I think you would like Cala Mondrago. Very small resort but two beautiful beaches, It is situated in a national park and surrounded by lots of quiet country lanes which are perfect for cyclng. A bit of a hill up from the beach but after that it's perfectly flat.

Accomodation there, unfortunately, is limited. One hostel, the Condemar, and nearer the beach http://www.playamondrago.com/eng/hotel.htm, another basic hotel (although I think recently refurbished) with a choice of hotel rooms, studios or apartments.

There are further private self catering properties around which you can find on the usual letting sites - ownersabroad, holidaylettings, etc.

Because the beaches are so beautiful they do, unfortunately, attract the day trippers! Once they have gone, however, it's one of the most peaceful places you will find.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very quiet holiday in Majorca

I endorse chrissymay's recommendation of Cala Mondrago and at the time you are holidaying the beaches won't be that busy.It is an extremely quiet location and very picturesque.You would have to hire bikes in Cala d'Or.Last year there was accommodation in Thomson Small and Friendly programme.Haven't seen 2009 programme though.Self-catering not ideal as the nearest shops are a few kms away in Cala d'Or.

Nothing much to do,no entertainment but it appears that is what you are looking for.2 beach bars.

I know a similar resort on Minorca-Cala Alcaufar not far from Mahon/S'Algar.Too quiet for me as I go stir crazy after a few days in very quiet locations.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very quiet holiday in Majorca

Mondrago is exactly as described, but the nearest shops restaurants and bars are the small pretty town of Porto Petro which is mid way to Cala Dor about 5 mins drive from Mondrago.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very quiet holiday in Majorca

Colonia Sant Jordi would fill the bill.

españa
Level Contributor
904 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Very quiet holiday in Majorca

Hi!!

Have a look to this page:

www.calafornells.com and aldeacalafornells.com (apt.in calafornells)

It´s a perfect place for peace and quiet location.

Enjoy Mallorca

Bexhill on Sea
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very quiet holiday in Majorca

Many thanks for your replies - will be researching them. Am open to any other suggestions.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Very quiet holiday in Majorca

I would recommend Purto Soller without a doubt.

Its nice and flat on the port with most of the visitors couples and is a really beautiful location with boat trips and a antique tram rise up to the village and then an antique train ride in to Palma.

Hotel? Check out the link below, I think you will find the clients here similar to yourselves and they have beachside entertainment at night.

http://www.hotelmarinasoller.com/

9. Re: Very quiet holiday in Majorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Majorca