We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Time - looking for advice

North east england
Level Contributor
743 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
1st Time - looking for advice

We are looking for a "long weekend break" late September/early Oct, we haven't been to Majorca before but have been recommended it.

Bit of Background, married couple mid-40's like nice hotels, dont like loads of kids, like to have a few cheeky drinks, nice meals....maybe a boat trip?

We have been to santa eulalia in Ibiza before and loved it, so looking for something similar, nice bars. restaurants etc - NOT MAGALUF.

We are currently looking at the Senses Hotel in Palma Nova - what is this resort like? or are there other places that anyone could recommend?

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Ibiza
Ibiza
Balearic Islands, Spain
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
355 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort
The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort
#1 of 2 hotels in Costa d'en Blanes
Iberostar Playa de Muro Village
Iberostar Playa de Muro Village
#3 of 30 hotels in Playa de Muro
Hipotels Hipocampo Palace
Hipotels Hipocampo Palace
#2 of 58 hotels in Cala Millor
5 replies to this topic
Northallerton...
Level Contributor
63 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Time - looking for advice

We spent the last week of September last year in Palma Nova and really enjoyed it. I don’t know the hotel you’re looking at but we stayed at the Fergus Style Palma Nova which was lovely. Lots of places to eat along the sea front, l don’t think we had a bad meal all week. Thought the resort had a nice, laid back feel. It’s also very handy for jumping on the bus to visit Palma city, which is worth doing, if only to visit the cathedral, which is stunning. Lots of back streets to get lost in too!

Maybe also have a look at Port de Pollensa as another option, somewhere we keep saying we will go back to one day.

Mentioned in this post
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
355 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
FERGUS Style Palmanova
FERGUS Style Palmanova
380 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
North east england
Level Contributor
743 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Time - looking for advice

Thanks for the quick response, we also looked at your hotel, it was on the shortlist I made - Senses came out top because I love the look of the roof top pool, but haven't decided fully yet.

It will be the last week in September when we go (my birthday is the 30th so would like to be away then).

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,092 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Time - looking for advice

Consider Port de Pollensa (it ticks your boxes); and consider Mar Senses hotel or Hotel Daina.

PdP is more of a chill-out low-rise resort than is Palma Nova.

It's many decades since I was in Santa Eulalia, but other TA members have said it's got a similar feel to PdP.

Mentioned in this post
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
355 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Santa Eulalia
Santa Eulalia
231 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
North east england
Level Contributor
743 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Time - looking for advice

thank you, i'll check those out too.

North east england
Level Contributor
743 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st Time - looking for advice

I've narrowed it down to Palma nova - going to concentrate on that resort, still like the look of the Senses Hotel,we have looked at The Fergus,but I'd want the room with the roof terrace and its slightly out of my budget although I do like the look of the hotel (I haven't ruled it out).

A question I do have is length of stay? we have the option of a 3-night or 5-night stay?not much between the price (about £80) - with it being our 1st time,didn't know whether to stick with 3 nights?

We will be looking to visit Palma for the day to sight see, and maybe a boat trip?

Mentioned in this post
Palma Suites
Palma Suites
355 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Reply to: 1st Time - looking for advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Majorca