We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation recommendations?

Praa Sands, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation recommendations?

Hiya guys :-)

Me & my partner are planning a trip to Formentera in July for 16 days (1st - 16th) looks so gorgeous, we really can't resist!

Does anyone have any recommendations for Guesthouses, B&B's, Apartments or any form of accomodation?

We can't seem to find any accommodation at a reasonable price, they all seem to be high end hotels (hotels are fine, but not at the extortionate prices I have been finding)

We are not too fussy with acommodation, open to anything really but for some reason, we can't find anything

If anyone has any recommendations, please let us know, it will be much appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Fern

x

Formentera, Spain
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation recommendations?

Hi Fern,

Accommodation on Formentera is mainly provided by both rented houses and hostals (family-run independent businesses), though there are two big Spanish hotel complexes on the Migjorn beach. And camping is prohibited on the island... ! As a result, in both late July and August, the island gets fully booked (mainly with young italians) and it is not recommended to arrive on the island without accommodation already booked. However, for the first half of July, maybe it is stil possible to find something, but in my opinion, it's getting late...

And being that late, I am afraid that it will be difficult to find an accommodation at a "reasonable price" (Formentera never being particularly "cheap" anyway...).

Maybe you could try to contact the "Astbury Formentera" estate agency ? formentera.co.uk/accommodation/?t=30&l=0&s=0 They are not particularly cheap but maybe they could have something for you ... ?!?

Anyway, if you have the possibility to postpone your holidays, I would surely recommend you to go there in September... It's much much less crowded and the weather is still very fine (and the water is even warmer, compared to July and August... )

Good luck and enjoy your stay on that paradise island if you finally find a possibility to stay there ! :-)

Jacques

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
738 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation recommendations?

We stayed last year and year before on HB at Hostal Rosamar http://www.hostalrosamar.com/es/ Very reasonable price see my reviews on Trip Adviser..

See what sites such as Alpha Rooms, Travel Republic and Low Cost Holidays etc. give you.

Praa Sands, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation recommendations?

Thank you so much guys for both of your replies.

We have decided that we are going to book Formentera for next year as we are off to Thailand in November for 3 months.

Made a mental note that we must book it in advance to be sure that we get a place! :-)

Thanks again!

xx

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,919 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation recommendations?

You'll enjoy the island if you skip the period from mid June to early September.

5. Re: Accommodation recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 11, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Formentera