We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ibiza formentera hydrofoil

poole dorset
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
ibiza formentera hydrofoil

Hi.

I am trying to find out whether the hydrofoil runs in October.transmapi website only runs through September and no other information is available re: timetable etc........HELP !!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,354 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ibiza formentera hydrofoil

These three operate all year round.

www.medpitiusa.net/en/

www.balearia.com/

www.trasmapi.com/

East Anglia
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ibiza formentera hydrofoil

They all revise their timetables around the end of September because of falling demand, but there will be ferries.

BTW hydrofoils haven't operated on this route for over 10 years. All of the operators listed above use fast catamarans, with one or two fast monohulls. Sorry for being pedantic!

Have a good time on Formentera,

Dave.

poole dorset
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ibiza formentera hydrofoil

thanks for the info my mind is put at rest hopefully I can get a timetable at end Sept. before we go on 2nd Oct

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,354 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ibiza formentera hydrofoil

You'll have a ball. October is quite delightful.

poole dorset
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ibiza formentera hydrofoil

We are certainly looking rorward to it especially some hiking and hopefully enough sun for a few days at the naturist beach!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ibiza formentera hydrofoil

When you are there check the current ferry times as they change timetables at the end of September and could also change again in middle of October.

If weather is very, very bad they will not run but I'm told there is always an attempt at least to run the first early morning ferry.

I travel from Formentera every year in October and always been ok.

Last year my friend had tickets for Medpitiusa and they were not operating so he had to rebuy Trasmapi.

Edited: 3:11 pm, September 09, 2013
East Anglia
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: ibiza formentera hydrofoil

Mediterranea Pitiusa have published their October Timetable:

medpitiusa.net/_misc/…20OCTUBRE.pdf

poole dorset
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ibiza formentera hydrofoil

thanks I will check the timetable!

9. Re: ibiza formentera hydrofoil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 13, 2014