We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Formentura

Durham
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Formentura

I am staying in ibiza late sept with my husband, 3 year old and my parents who have slight walking difficulties. Is it practicle to take a day trip over to formentera on the ferry? and is there a village near to the port where we can wander around(i.e shops, churches,museums,beach) and have lunch? Thanks

East Anglia
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Formentura

It's easy to go to Formentera for a day trip. There are ferries throughout the day that take just over half-an-hour for the crossing. For the type of activities you describe, San Francisco, the largest town would be best - it is about 6km from theport, but it isn't actually on the coast, so no beach! You might think about Es Calo - a quiet little fishing village with some small but beautiful beaches and a good bar/restuarant overlooking the tiny harbour. You could perhaps share your time between the two places - about 8km apart. You'd probably need to use taxis between the port and these places because, although there are buses, your party is most suited to the flexibility that taxis offer.

If you are staying on Ibiza for the remainder of your holiday, I wouldn't recommend Es Pujols - it really is quite similar to small Ibiza resorts.

You can get some idea of the places available from my photos at www.pbase.com/davel/formentera

Have a good trip, Dave.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,034 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Formentura

Save the ferry fare. Stay in Ibiza and enjoy and maybe have lunch in San Carlos.

3. Re: Day trip to Formentura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Formentera