We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aigua Carla

South Africa
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Aigua Carla

I have booked (2nd week in Sep09) at Hostal Aigua Carla, Migjorn, in the Ca Mari area. Have anybody stayed here before? Any comments? Aparently is is very close to the beach - how is the beach at this Hostal? Nudism possible closeby or is a little walk necessary?

We arrive by plane at Ibiza on the Friday evening (4th) (around 19;00). Never being there before, I thought staying in Ibiza for 3 nights and then leave for Formentera for our remaining 5 nights. Are we wasting time in Ibiza (to visit Es Cavallet and Ses Salines etc) or will it be worthwhile to visit?

Thanks

Newdy

brighton
Level Contributor
111 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aigua Carla

You are doing a similar trip to me this year...I'm doing 5 nights in ibiza and 4 in Formentera. We did ibiza last year and loved it (mixture of clubbing and lots of exploring the island) but decided this year to try Formentera as well. Ibiza is great though personally I think you need to rent a car to go explore the island a bit. It has some amazing, secluded beaches that are well off the beaten track. I didnt think much of Salinas beach...its juts the 'coolest' beach on the island so people rave about it but there are much nicer beaches.

South Africa
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aigua Carla

We will be 2 full days in Ibiza before going to Formentera. Could you give some advice on what to do/see. We thought of visiting Salinas beach and EsCavallet the first day a(a saturday)and visiting the Old Town the evening. Still thinking about renting a moped the Sunday to visit Agua Blanca and Cala Conta beaches. any thoughts?

We are buying Euros with South African rands (E1 = R11), so any advice on where to eat at resonable prices?

Newdy

East Anglia
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aigua Carla

If you are going on to Formentera after Ibiza, I would give Playa Blanca a miss - there is no comparison with the Formentera beaches.

I wouldn't advise renting a moped on Ibiza - the roads are very busy during the summer.

Es Cavallet is easy to reach - a better beach than Salinas, but personally I prefer the little beaches and coves along the west coast, heading north towards San Antonio. Portinatx is nice too.

Dave.

South Africa
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aigua Carla

Thanks. Are nudists also visiting the smaller west coast beaches and Portinatx, you are mentioning? Recommendations if any please.

Newdy

5. Re: Aigua Carla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, February 08, 2010