We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charlies bar,es cana

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
charlies bar,es cana

hi all,we will be in es cana on the 2nd october,having been there many times we know most if not all the acts in charlies,if anybody has just returned can you tell me if the following acts are still on.Jim Rhodes,Drag show diamond class,robbie williams(not the real one),also what was the weather like,according to some weather web sites its looking very unsettled,we had awful weather this time last year,so please put my mind at rest.ps another act was dave rawson the hypnotist.

bye for now,

tigerman.

Clydebank
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: charlies bar,es cana

Hi Tigerman. I was in Es Cana in the middle of August at the Hotel Caribe which I think is where you are going? Dave Rawson and Diamond Class were both on in the hotel. Dave Rawson was brilliant entertainment - very funny without going too far and embarrasing guests. Charlies Bar still had Robbie Williams and a beatles tribute (I think). Weather in August was a bit unsettled with a couple of thunderstorms and several cloudy days but mainly really warm and sunny. I am sure you will enjoy the Caribe as it is a nice hotel and the entertainments staff (Kerry and Donna) work their socks off to make sure everyone is ok. There is also a parrot show on a Wednesday which Kerry really enjoys - not. She hates birds so she tries to keep as far away from the parrots as possible - really funny. You probably know more about Es Cana than me as that was my first time there but if you have any questions about the hotel I will be happy to help.

Tiko

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: charlies bar,es cana

hi tiko,yes we have been to escana many times but never stayed in the caribe although we have used there pool,just a couple of things?.what is the food like,we have got the hotel really cheap,so we can eat out if need so,we will be going into santa eulalia a few nights because we have a couple of restaurants we love.also have you any idea how much it costs to hire a fridge for the week.last but not least is there a iron in the rooms,sorry 1 more thing we have booked a family room for the 2 of us,do you know if they face the pool or the back of the hotel.

Look forward to hearing from you soon,

kindest regards

Tigerman

Bradford, United...
Destination Expert
for Es Canar
Level Contributor
871 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: charlies bar,es cana

Jim Rhodes what a legend!! we saw him at Popeyes this year...................some of his stuff is a bit near the bone but a great laugh...............but not for one woman who was sat in the bar near us, her husband was peeing himself at Jim but she had a face like a scolded cat and dragged him out.............of course Jim twigged on and really hammered her!!

So Mrs Misery Guts from Doncaster you should chill out on holiday;))

Have a good one.

uk
Level Contributor
7 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: charlies bar,es cana

Hi tigerman

Im afraid Im not able to answer your question but instead having read a few of your postings wanted to ask you something!! Hope this is ok.

I noticed you said you know a couple of nice restaurants in Santa Eulalia, we are heading there at beginning of Oct and would be really grateful if you could suggest any to me. And maybe any other tips on what to do. Am looking for a real restful hol so am not too fussed for night time stuff but any places to see day time would be great.

I usually go to the canaries , but am new to ibiza!

I too have been checking the weather like a mad person! Hoping for for sunshine of course! I noticed its been a bit unsettled -fingers crossed though. I check the weather channel on the net and it gives a ten day forcast , just to let you know incase youve not been on it.

Many thanks and have a fantastic hol , Im sure the sun will shine !

Clydebank
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: charlies bar,es cana

Hi Tigerman

I am not really going to be much help here as we had two rooms so not sure where family rooms are situated. Also did not hire a fridge as the rooms are kept ice cold with the best air conditioning I have ever had and our drinks were kept fairly cool. Now the things I do know there is no iron in the room and fthe food was a bit of a hit or miss. The first week the food was not very good at all but for some reason the second week it was much better. I don't know if it was a change of chef or something but food definitely a lot better the 2nd week. I think you would want to eat out somewhere a couple of times just for some variety.

Hope this helps.

Tiko

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: charlies bar,es cana

hi there dizzy traveller,i just knew you were gonna ask the names of the restaurants,i can only remember the name of 1 but i can tell you the other is about 3 doors down on the same side of the street,the 1 we normally use is called the gallery and the meals,although a little pricey are superb,personally i dont like lamb but the wife says try it its to die for.Most of the restaurants that we favour are on the "street of restaurants",its next to the town hall directly in the middle of santa eulalia,its a great town but for me i would say its better without kids as there isnt much entertainment on a night,but its great for sitting out and people watching.Things to do?hippie market in es cana,trip to ibiza town,although it will be quiet this time of the year,if your into driving then there are some lovely little retreats to be found,but driving isnt for me over there.The marina area is great with some exspensive yachts there,rumour has it tom jones has a boat there.all in all a great place to holiday and im sure you will enjoy it,also if it is a little quiet on the entertainment front for you,you can always jump in a taxi and pop into es cana for the night,there you will find live entertainment,kareoke etc,and its only 2 mins from santa eulalia.

Anyway enough waffling from me,i could talk about ibiza till the cows come home,but in 10 days we will be there cant wait.

Bye for now and happy hols,

tigerman

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: charlies bar,es cana

cheers for that tiko,ill tell the wife to pack the iron then,hope the weather is better than last year or we wont need the aircon,we will need radiators.

regards

tigerman.

uk
Level Contributor
7 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: charlies bar,es cana

Hi Tigerman

Thanks for all the info-much appreciated. Cant wait to go and the weather is looking good!

Will try out those tips & trips!

Have a great one yourself.

Dizzy Traveller

Santa Eulalia del...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: charlies bar,es cana

Hi Tigerman

Just to let you know the following shows in Charlies are Robbie (not the real one he comes over once a month) Angel Cake, Supremes, ABBA, Tribute to Madness, Brotherhood. I Dave Rawson am not working in Charlies this year. Mind you when you get here ask them for me and maybe they might book me in the latter weeks. Kind regards

Dave Rawson www.stagehypnotist.co.uk The weather this week has been glorious in the high 70s.

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: charlies bar,es cana

hi dave,nice to talk to you again,i was talking to you on your web site the other day(alan)remember me?Cant wait to get over on the 2nd although you worried me a little saying that its very quiet,and that the caribe closes down on the 11th,as long as the sun is shining i will be happy.looking forward to seeing you next week,i will look out for you driving through es cana.

regards

alan aka tigerman.