We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchange rates in Ibiza

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
exchange rates in Ibiza

Would I get a better rate if I exchanged my money when I get to Ibiza or is it better to do here in UK?

Mentioned in this post
Ibiza Town
Ibiza Town
Ibiza, Spain
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchange rates in Ibiza

Hiya, im also trying to find out the exchange, as i have not been to any part of spain for over 20 years. The last time i went they were ripping you off big style, hense the reason i do not go to spain, however its a family member who booked it, still do not want to go though, from what i ve seen so far, everybody is saying that the exchange places do rip you off and the best way is the bank or the ATMs you need to find out the % your bank will charge first though, cheers Donna

Edited: 4:42 am, June 19, 2013
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,811 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exchange rates in Ibiza

rates about the same, but the main areas such as San Antonio give rubbish exchange rates. Find best rates in Santa Eulalia.

Best save way is to preload a euro card from caxton etc, there is no charges for withdrawels, you can load the card when you feel the rate is right for you.

I bring out a mixture, euro card, local money, sterling. Just ensure you lock up in a safe.

wales
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: exchange rates in Ibiza

I took British £ over lat year and changed it at the marina in San an, and had a better rate then I would have had anywhere here, but not sure what the rate is there at the moment

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: exchange rates in Ibiza

Hola!!!

Don't change your cash up before you get there..have been going to beefa now for 8 years, change your doe wen you get there at the big shopping mal type place near the square near the fountain, alternately the shop that sells all the sun cream outside! I'm going this tues for 3 Weeks...

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: exchange rates in Ibiza

Hola!!!

Don't change your cash up before you get there..have been going to beefa now for 8 years, change your doe wen you get there at the big shopping mal type place near the square near the fountain, alternately the shop that sells all the sun cream outside! I'm going this tues for 3 Weeks...

6. Re: exchange rates in Ibiza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 27, 2014