We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry: Barcelona - Ibiza

Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Topic
Ferry: Barcelona - Ibiza

Hello all,

I've been checking out the Ferry from Barcelona to Ibiza (Acciona Transmediterranea). My question is... does anyone know the difference between a Club Seat and a Standard Seat? ...besides the 93 Euros. What does a 'Club Seat' entail? Is it worth it? What's the scoop?

Thanks!

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry: Barcelona - Ibiza

you sit in a more comfortable seat in a diferent part of the boat. the acciona ferry is more like an cruise ship, with pool, jacuzzi, cinema, gym, bars and restaurants. the super fast ferry only takes 4 hours direct and you might want to check balearia who sail daily to san antonio in a new boat 'sonia'

mm

omaha
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry: Barcelona - Ibiza

i would just go for the standard seat. its typically pretty empty and theres plenty of room to move about, so you probably won't be in your seat very long anyways. we just took this trip last week and it was fine.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry: Barcelona - Ibiza

I'll be in Barcelona the end of May. Is there easy to access (I do not drive)to a ferry for a one day trip from Barcelona to Ibiza? Any names and websites would be appreciated.

As for price, I checked Spanair and I can get roud trip flight for 139.21 euros or about $206.00 USD.

Thanks,

jfran41

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry: Barcelona - Ibiza

the ferry port in barcelona is right in the city centre so no problems with transport there. your problem will be the ferries themselves if you really want a day trip.

the timetables haven't been released yet but ..........

the normal ferry is a 20 hour round trip (one part overnight) and the fast ferry (8 to 12 hours round trip) timetables ususally favour a trip from ibiza to barcelona but not bcn to ibz.

i'd fly if i were you. try vueling or clickair

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry: Barcelona - Ibiza

The romantics in Ibiza say you must try and arrive into ibiza at least once by ferry, especially at sunrise as its supposed to be a spiritual experience. I havnt done it myself so i am unable to confirm this claim but i would hope to try it sometime.

It is also advisable to take a cabin, its worth the few euro extra especially if you take the longer ferry trip.

6. Re: Ferry: Barcelona - Ibiza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 21, 2009