We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Ibiza

Mexico
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Ibiza

Hi,

We are planning to visit ibiza at the end of June and cannot decide where to stay. We were thinking about Pikes but reviews say it is too expensive for what it is, then decided on Hotel Club Victoria but could only find one review on this hotel and it was not positive at all.

Is there any one who has any thoughts on this hotel or should we flag it?

Our other options were Ca n Arabi, Atzaro (but seems expensive) or if we cant find something quite in the hills and have to head toward party land we would consider Es Vive.

Thanks,

Trine

Mexico

MX
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Ibiza

¡Hola Kattrina!

I didn't understand your point, are you going clubbing or not?

Because if you are not interested in clubbing then I don't think you'll like Pikes or Es Vive.

Have you checked www.ibiza-spotlight.com ? specially the resorts and hotels sections could help you make up your mind.

Let me know what are you interested in and I'll try to help you.

Cheers,

Nic

Manchester UK
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Ibiza

Hi nicmaquiavelo

Can you advise me on cheap places to stay for just 1 night? I want to stay in the middle of Ibiza town and have stayed at the Hostel La Marina before, but they have no room on the date I need (14 July) trying to find something similar in the town centre but not having much luck.

Thank you x

Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Ibiza

Hi Nic,

Sorry if I was not clear. We will be in Ibiza for six nights so we want to party and also take some quiet time.

All I am after is a confirmation that the hotels we are considering are worth the money. I dont mind spending the money if it is worth it. I am looking for great service, clean amenaties. Location is not really an issue as we will have a car.

We were going to stay at Club Victoria but could not find any positive reviews...have you been there?

Now we are thinking about three nights at Atzaro and three nights at Es Vive. Any thoughts on those hotels?

The other place we looked at was Ca n Arabi.

Any information on these hotels would be greatly appreciated.

Trine

MX
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Ibiza

Hi Lisa!

Have you tried Casa de Huespedes Vara del Rey? friendly n' funky guest house near the port with 11 rooms.

Or Hostal PArque? spotless rooms, all with air con.

Hope it's of any help. If you need anymore help let me know.

Cheers,

Nic

MX
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Ibiza

Hey Kattrina!

It's great that you are renting a car, (it's the best way to know the whole island and have a great time) but I'd recommend worrying a little bit more about location, it can make all the diference in the world . I suggest picking a centric hotel because although Ibiza is a small island it does have some trafic problems at certain rush hours and not all of the roads are in great condition and some roads are dangerous, specially at night with all the drinking and driving (like the road from Ibiza Town to San Antonio). For instance the best nightclubs are in or near Ibiza Town so imagine staying far and having to drive 30 minutes when the party is over. My recommendation is stay in or near Ibiza Town (Figueretas, Talamanca or as a last resot Playa d'en Bossa) but dont stay in San Antonio as in summer time it is full of young drunk hooligans and cheap bars. Do go for the sunset strip to Cafe del Mar, etc but just for a couple of hours.

Don't worry that much about the hotel because that's where you should spend the least amount of time (just to shower and get some sleeep).

If you want to split your vacation in 2 hotels and money is no object I suggest Hacienda Na Xamena for your relaxing time in Ibiza. For the rest of the trip Es Vive is nice, Hotel Los Molinos in Figueretas is nice, clean, good service and great pool and has parking (something that can be a little bit of a nightmare in Ibiza finding parkins space) . Ocean Drive in Talamanca is also nice, small boutique hotel.

I'm sorry but I don't remember knowing or having been to any of the other hotels you mention.

Let me know if you nee any more help!

Cheers,

Nic

Manchester UK
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Ibiza

Hi Nic

Thanks for the info, I'd tried the first on already and just tried the other, but no joy, no-one wants us for just 1 night in July *sob* I think I'd better prepare myself for sleeping on the beach with ALL my belongings :c(

thanks for the info x

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Ibiza

try villa can maries or hotel rural cas pla.....

Louisiana
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Ibiza

Why stay in Play de' bossa as a last resort? Is there something I'm missing? I am going for a week at the end of June and looking for a good place to stay too. We will be going out a few nights, but we still want a nice relaxing vacation too.

Kel

MX
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Ibiza

Hi Kel!

I meant Playa d'en Bossa as a last resort because of the places near to Ibiza Town it would be my last choice as it is the farthest from Ibiza Town, the most crowded, the most touristy, etc.

It would be my #4 choice in the island (after Ibiza Town, Talamanca and Figueretas).

Cheers,

Nic

Louisiana
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Ibiza

great thanks!!

Kel