We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early April weather.

Flint, United...
Level Contributor
631 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Early April weather.

Hi,

My daughters and I are jetting off to Ibiza on the 2nd April for a shortbreak 4 day break away, n staying at BAHIA DE SAN ANTONIO apts San Antonio Bay. Can anyone gives any information of what the weather will be like so early in the season please. What sort of clothes is advisable to pack.

Will there be many restaurants/shops/supermarkets open so early in the season? We are hiring a car, do you have any suggestions where we can travel to for days out. Is it also best to change our currency when we arrive at the resort, or should we get it before we travel out of the uk.

Sorry for all the questions, just not sure what to do.

Thanks shirley

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early April weather.

shirley:

www.holiday-weather.com/ibiza/averages/april/

I would bring a light jacket.

Ibiza is a small island and there are many nice towns on the coast and inland, such as San Jose.

Santa Eulalia is a very nice town with good shopping.

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early April weather.

the weather is warming up at the moment but my tip would be to bring layers as the wind can be cool in shaded areas. you'll need something for the evenings - i'm currently swathed in cashmere and tweeds - as it is quite chilly. having said that, I have sat outside some bars at night recently though only because they were so packed inside. there are plenty of bars and restaurants open, but none of the tourist ones so swot up on Spanish food, because you'll be eating it like the rest of us.

mm

Flint, United...
Level Contributor
631 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early April weather.

Hi everyone. thankyou very much for you replies. Just wondering can you reccommend a hire car company. We thought we had one sorted but unfortunately plans have changed... Do you know if everywhere need a £500 deposit on credit card to hire a car. Many thanks for your replies. Also the resort were staying in is there very much happening around us? ie shops bars and restaurants or do we need to go further afield?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,020 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Early April weather.

In Ibiza, I use this one.

www.bkrentacar.net/

Flint, United...
Level Contributor
631 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early April weather.

thanks for the link. Do you happen to have the English Version plz, as its all Spanish. Many thanks.

Flint, United...
Level Contributor
631 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early April weather.

Oooops ive found the English Version..Thankyou.

7. Re: Early April weather.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 01, 2014