We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature in Ibiza first day of July? & Riviera Hotel?

Bury, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Temperature in Ibiza first day of July? & Riviera Hotel?

Hi,

has anyone ever been to Ibiza, San Antonio throughout the early days of July? The 1st.. we are going away there this year and i am hoping we have chose a date where it will be a hot temperature?

Also, has anyone ever stayed at the Riviera Hotel? Located in San-Antonio bay? me and a few friends are staying there and we are hoping we made the right decision!

THANKSS:)

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Temperature in Ibiza first day of July? & Riviera Hotel?

The headed notepaper may now read 'Playasol Hotel Group' but their revamped website can still be found at www.grupoplayasol.com/ they refer to themselves as GPS throughout.

Looking at their portfolio I only noticed 3 properties missing that I know they had operated in the last few years,of course there may be more.

The Hotel Riviera is present and correct

Bury, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Temperature in Ibiza first day of July? & Riviera Hotel?

Hi Ian & Rick.

Thanks for all of your feedback about the hotel,I am not really bothered about the standards of the hotel, however it must be clean & safe, as this is our first holiday and as long as we are safe that is fine!

I have read reviews about thefts etc. However these are from years ago, so maybe the hotel has developed? Changed?

I will be sure to submit a review when I return regarding everything which has been said about the hotel, so Ian are you saying this is no longer a part of a GPS hotel?:)

Thanks for responding!

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,556 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Temperature in Ibiza first day of July? & Riviera Hotel?

Ryan: GPS does not exist end of conversation.

Administators run the company in their own name from the moment they are appointed. You have the situation in the u.k. in respect of Comet/Jessops that gift vouchers were not honoured the moment the company placed into administration. This is because the old company does not exsist and the administators in their own name form a legal undertaking to run the new company at a profit, they dont have to change the name.

This is what happened with the old GPS, hotels on lease that the new company thought not worth running were handed back.

One thing the administrator must do is observe all employment laws and the working times rules, it was the failure for the previous owner to observe this legislation that upset Danny.

many u.k. hotel groups operate this way today. It is only 6 months since Travelodge recovered from their financial problems. Virtually all the big London hotels are held in a holding company as the original owners owe the Irish banks a fortune.

Nothing is save in todays world, but my money is sitting with the old GPS for my 2013 booking, paid months ago.

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Temperature in Ibiza first day of July? & Riviera Hotel?

Hi Ian,

A lot of things upset me thesedays :-)

The business model that the jailed owner of GPS Hotels tried unsuccessfully to implement, was one of undercutting the local competition so they would go out of business and he would then have the market to himself.

The local Hoteliers fought back and exposed his sweat shop labour, corner cutting and cheap product he was pushing to lower costs. It was ruining the good hospitality image of their trade and good riddance to him in my opinion.

As you know yourself, administrators are accountants and will only run hotels as financial going concerns.... they will not invest any capital to provide for repairs or non essential work. In essence they are held together by sticky tape.

Staff vary from Hotel to Hotel. My only experience of GPS staff was good but they only manned reception. There seemed to be a shortage elsewhere. I now do recognise that the GPS hotels are better run that they were under its original owner. That said, personally would I want to stay in them if i had a choice...no. There is much better in Ibiza at a similar price.

Danny

dannykayibiza.blogspot.com

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Temperature in Ibiza first day of July? & Riviera Hotel?

I despair sometimes,I really do...

Ryan,if you're still out there,try and rent a safe at the hotel.

Whatever you do,don't read the reviews at Holiday Watchdog!

Bury, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Temperature in Ibiza first day of July? & Riviera Hotel?

i will rent a safe at the hotel.

& why? what does it say on their reviews?

17. Re: Temperature in Ibiza first day of July? & Riviera Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 02, 2014