We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

birmingham
7 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

We are thinking of staying here for a chill out after a full on week at the end of august beginning of sept. Has anyone stayed here and if so wat did you think. We don't mind it being quiet as want to go back to work feeling relaxed.

Is there anywhere to eat or have a relaxing drink as most people seem to be saying its altra quiet. Your advise would be most appreciated.

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

portinatx is that laid back its closed,please please think again try es cena or santa eulalia,we went to portinatx late september for 2 weeks and only stayed 16 hours,need i say anymore.

tigerman

Birmingham
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

Thank you for your comments. Is it really this bad. We want a bit of peace and quite after a full on week and thought that we could go back to work really relaxed.

Lincoln
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

I stayed there last year and the hotel and beach are lovely. There are some small bars and restaurants. The hotel is very clean and the staff are so friendly. The restuarant at the hotel does really great food. I actually went on a recommendation of a work colleague and I have booked to stop there again this year. It is very quiet though. It is good for relaxing but if you are looking to go clubbing, it is not really the place. Saying that though, the island isn't that big and getting from Portinax to Ibiza old town only takes about 20 - 30 minutes by bus and is even quicker by taxi. It all depends on what type of holiday you are after.

Mentioned in this post
Ibiza Town
Ibiza Town
Ibiza, Spain
Birmingham
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

Thank you for relaying. Its always nice to hear from others who have stayed. We are actually planning to do a lot of chilling out in Portinatx after a week of full on clubbing.

My only concern at the moment is that it is my hubbies birthday on the friday before we leabe and I am wondering whether there is a really nice restaurant within the vacinity, any recommendations???

Mentioned in this post
Portinatx
Portinatx
94 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
Lincoln
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

There are very few restaurants in the area. One is quite tacky but has a lovely view of the sunset in the evening. The restaurant attached to the hotel does really great food but probably not that romantic. We tended to eat close to the hotel and didn't venture too far in the evening except to the bars. There could well be a really nice restaurant somewhere nearby however the taxi's are not that expensive and the island is relatively small that you could probably book in somewhere else nearby for a meal.

I'm off back there in a few weeks time and if I spot anywhere, I will post another reply.

Have you checked out the hotels webpage? If not, it is well worth a look:

http://www.laciguenya.com/

Birmingham
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

This is all really helpful as now some mates may be coming out for a long weekend and then we will commute over to ibiza town which I'm told is about 28 euros and I think there is a bus which goes there as well.

If you can let me know of any names of any restaurants that would be helpful. Is there more than a couple of bars? Everyone keeps saying how quiet it is and that there is no night life at all.

Have a good trip I will lokk forward to hering whether you have had a good time.

england
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

Hi

I have been to Portinatx twice, it is my favourite ever holiday, it is abeautiful cove, has a gorgeous beach and the people are really friendly and down to earth. It is a very quiet and relaxing resort, i hope you enjoy it, i am sooo jealous i love this place.

Mentioned in this post
Portinatx
Portinatx
94 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
birmingham
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

Thanks Nicola for responding to the post.

Can you recommend any nice places to eat or places that are worth visiting near the resort?

uk
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

Hi there,

We have stayed at La Ciguenya twice, once in the apartments that they own just across the bay and once in the hotel. We have found the hotel delightful. They are a family run company and will do their utmost to ensure your stay is comfortable. We stayed on the top floor, no lifts, but had a huge balcony with a glorious view over the petit arenal bay. Portinatx is lovely, the people very friendly, the pizzas at La Ciguenya are delicious. Well worth hiring a car though, to visit out of the way places. Must have a visit to Benirras Beach. We would not hesitate in recommending this hotel, it is basic, no wide screen tvs but the the beds are comfy and the showers great. If they have no room at the hotel, do consider the apartments as they are great too giving you a little more room than a hotel room. Try reading their guest book on the website so you can get other opinions of people that have stayed there. Whenever we were there all the departing people were saying 'see you next year'! Hope this helps and you enjoy your little relaxing break. PS. Also must visits are Bambuddha Grove and ocho both on the road to Ibiza from Portinatx.

Mentioned in this post
Portinatx
Portinatx
94 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
Ibiza Town
Ibiza Town
Ibiza, Spain
Bambuddha
Bambuddha
1,208 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
10. Re: Has anyone stayed at la ciguenya hotel in portinatx?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 09, 2009