We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

San Francisco
Level Contributor
166 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

Please suggest some boutique hotels that you have stayed in/know of in Ibiza/Evissa town. We are two (maybe 3) women travelers who will go for the first time to Ibiza to see the island and to experience some of the night life. We are the types who would like to see the town's local character, history, architecture, natural beauty and we like restaurants that cater to locals VS tourists. We will drive out of town to a nice lunch destination by the water so please share your favorites too.

Now some other questions just to satisfy my curiosity:

Is Hotel Argos a good hotel overall? It looks so "Holiday Inn" to me on it's website photos but they still charge 82 Euros per person per night sharing a double room without any breakfast in the high season. That seems high for what looks like a chain-type hotel.

What about Los Molinos? The pool area looks good on the photos (lots of palm trees around the pool area) but the rooms seem drab and dated, maybe that's why it's 50 Euros per person per night for a double room.

cala de bou, ibiza
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

so if you're willing to drive then why are you limiting your choice to ibiza town?

ibiza has some fabulous 'agrotourism' hotels (it's the fastest growing sector of our economy) which are in the beautiful countryside of the island which is never far from all the action.

look here for some stunning places to stay and dine

ibiza-spotlight.com/hotel-guide/accommodatio…

in ibiza there are many wonderful restaurants in the country or on the beaches - in fact so many it would be impossible to list them all. the geat thing is exploring and finding them.

ps i was in dalt vila today and the torre del canonigo hotel would be perfect for you. it's on a street about 8 feet wide, cobbled, and just down from the cathedral. perfect.

mm

San Francisco
Level Contributor
166 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

Thanks for your response. Actually, we are still undecided whether we would rent a car or not but it seem like the best option to explore the island independently during the day. I have seen many sites that list different types of accommodation including Jade Jagger's list (via travel & leisure web site) and others but some are far from town and are out of our budget range. I will check out the webpage you recommended though. Thnak you. We want to stay in town so we wouldn't have to dive far to go back to the hotel assuming we will be imbibing while out at night.

Does the prefix in your name suggest you are in the music industry over there? If your are, would you please let me know the best way to get into clubs like Pacha and Space? Is there a way to prebook to we wouldn't have to line up for that weekend we will be in town? We're only going to be there for 3 nights at the most. Where would be the best party on Friday, July 14th, Saturday, July 15th and Sunday, July 16th? Thanks again for your help.

MX
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

Hi Alikatt,

Another boutique hotel I've stayed at and that iI can suggest is the Oceandrive

http://www.oceandrive.de/index_s.html

I've also stayed at Los Molinos, (althoug it's not a boutique hotel or trendy, both what you are looking for), it has a great location (close to Ibiza town, about 20 minutes walking), it's clean, has good service and a great pool . Its quiet and relaxed. A big pkus in Ibiza: has parking garage(although small and will proove your driving skills but parking anyway).

Great for what you need for a hotel in Ibiza: take a shower before clubbing and have a good sleep after clubbing.

May I say you are worrying a lot about the hotel and I think thats where you should spend the least amount of time in Ibiza.

About the car, I do encourage you to rent one. I think its a must and you'll get to know more and better all of Ibiza.

Cheers,

Nic

San Francisco
Level Contributor
166 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

You are right Nic. Thanks. In Cote d' Azur last summer, we only went to the hotel to shower and change and sleep (which seemed shorter and shorter as the trip wore on) and have breakfast in. My friend and I both lead hectic lives and it is also a chance for us to relax and unwind so to have a pool in quiet surroundings will surely be a plus since we are not the beach types. We go to the beach if it isn't too hot. We prefer the excitement of shopping and discovering local "secrets"

Do you know that way in to the big clubs and if we are able to prebook? Thanks.

MX
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

Hi Alikatt!

I think 3 days in Ibiza is too little for such a great place. So I’d advice reconsidering adding more days. I know you'll relax in Ibiza from your hectic lives, that’s a fact!. Even if you are not the beach types, you should go to Sa Trincha (Salinas beach) or Blue Marlin (Jondal beach), great ambiance, great chillout and deep house music, beautiful friendly people chilling and having a good time, all in all your best option to relax in a different setting because pools to relax you can get them anywhere in the world. Of course you should also visit the cultural and historic places of Ibiza but do it later in the afternoon or at night when the sun and heat is more tolerable.

About the clubs:

From what you write in this forum you sound like quite a jet setter and you know your music and DJs. You should check the clubbing calendar for the dates you’re going to Ibiza at ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_i.htm and then pick the party (DJ) that you like the best for each night. If you like sexy house music, you must go to Pacha on Mondays to the Release Yourself party with Roger Sanchez, in my opinion the best party and best night in the island. On Sundays go to Space to the “We Love Space” party, the flagship party for this club, starts 8AM and goes all day till next day’s morning (unless you are carrying on from Saturday’s party I recommend going late in the afternoon or early night).

Yes, you are able to pre-book in most of the big clubs (Pacha, Amnesia) if you are making reservation for a table but you must buy a bottle (around 230-250 euros for a Stoli or Absolut, mixers included). This is a good option because you and the rest of your party gets in for free (no cover charge, that’s 50-60 euros per person per night at Pacha, although consider a 4 person per bottle ratio depending on your negotiating skills). Your best option is to know what club you are hitting that night and go around 10-12 PM (before dinner and pre-drinks at a bar lounge) (the clubs should be empty because the party starts until 2-3 AM), speak to the manager or public relations (Valerie @ Pacha) person and book your table and make sure they get you in the guest list.

Cheers,

Nic

San Francisco
Level Contributor
166 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

Thank you so much Nic for all your awesome information. I am so glad I asked in this forum. I will plan on staying longer then (at least add a night or two but I might end up solo since my friend will have to return to work. She can't even join me to hop on to Majorca so I might forfeit that trip. Do you know Majorca as much as you do Ibiza? Is it worth the hop if I want a different scene from Ibiza? Perhaps that's where I can have some beach time. I do like the beach too but when I have only limited vacation time, I'm willing to forgo the trip to the beach and pursue other activities instead.

By the way, I looked at the clubbing section and it seems that the top DJs don't even start appearing until August...we are going in mid-July. Too bad but we really can't go later. We will enjoy the spots you recommended for sure. Thank you so very much again Nic. ~Ali~

MX
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

No worries Ali!

Hope I've been of some help to make your trip decisions easier!

Yes, Ive been once to Majorca (5 years ago). It's nice but I don't know it (or like it) half as much as Ibiza. I don't think it's worth the hope if you are pressed for time. I'd spend a couple of day more in Ibiza. I

f you want a very nice beach resort with a different scene than Ibiza try Marbella, classy, specially the marina (Puerto Banus). You should like it (if you like places like Cannes and the Cote d' Azur).

Don't worry about the big DJs, they'll be there every day from June till September. Maybe it's to early to have the final line up at Ibiza Spotlight but closer to your trip they'll have them all.

Cheers,

Nic

San Francisco
Level Contributor
166 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

Muchas gracias Nic. I was in Marbella (with my ex-hubby) ten years ago...We stayed at a big resort hotel called Puente Romano if I'm not mistaken. Puerto Banus was nice but most of the people were British (nothing wrong with that) and we actually met a very nice family vacationing there too. I played tennis with the wife/daughter and my ex played golf with the man/son. There wasn't any club scene then but I enjoyed the town of Marbella and the Naranja square. We also went up to Ronda for the day.

I have been reading many articles online on Ibiza from The Guardian, etc. and one article is hailing it as possibly the new "Provence" since it is getting past it's party town reputation but is attracting more couples and families who just want to chill and get away from their busy lives. In fact I read that the new hip "hotspot" is near Barcelona , Sitges. Have you been there? My friends and I will be in Barcelona for 4 days before Ibiza.

I see, I suppose the schedule online for the clubs isn't finalized. I will keep on checking from time to time. Bob Sinclair is the only one I recognize and also Hed Kandi, David Guetta (from last summer's hit,The World Is Mine).

Do you know if automatic cars (not stick shift) are available for rental in Ibiza? Sorry I am inundating you with questions.

Ali

cleveland, ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

Just found a couple of companies saying they have automatics

www.doyouspain.com/car-hire-ibiza-airport.htm

I'v never heard of this company, though they claim to have an office in the airport.

Also:

www.motoluis.com/en/economica_automaticos.php

I have heard of this company. I think they have several offices on the island. See the "contact us" link. The last location on the list is right near El Divino in Ibiza Town. Judging by the photo at the bottom of the list, the office is called Mar Auto at that location, but apparently they're affiliated with Moto Luis. I've rented a motorcycle from Evelyn at Mar Auto & had no problems with the rental.

BTW, just left you a wordier reply to a few of your other questions at another forum.

MX
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: smaller boutique hotel recommendations in Ibiza town

De nada Ali!

I think either Marbella was very different 10 years ago or we went to diverse places or different seasons. I've been 3 times to Marbella (last one 2 years ago) and loved it. A lot of famous and wealthy Spaniards, awesome clubs (actually one of my favorites in the world: Olivia Valere), good restaurants, nice beaches, great shops.

Yes, all of Spain (not just Marbella) is crowded with English, especially in the summer. I think it’s a combination of Spain being cheap to them, they liking the nice, warm weather, many choosing Spain to buy a second property or many choosing it for retirement and lots of packages and travel offers to them too. But most of them are nice and lovely people. The only ones I have an aversion to are the dumb hooligans that just go to get drunk, and disrespect the culture and people and like to pick fights, but that's a small minority.

Yes, I’ve been to Sitges twice. It’s a nice little beach town, just a short (about 30 minutes) train ride from Barcelona. I don’t know about it being such a hot spot (besides once a year that there’s a carnival where lots of people from Barcelona go to party in costumes). I know it’s like the gay capital of Spain and that the first Pacha started there (a far cry from Pacha Ibiza) and has nice restaurants by the beach but there are places in Catalunya I’d recommend before Sitges for a day trip from Barcelona. If you like art and like Dali go to Figueres and the Dali museum or go to Girona or Montserrat.

Tzalud bit me to the punch. I was about to recommend Moto Luis. I’ve been renting from them in Ibiza for the last 3 years. They are cheaper than the bigger companies but good. They don’t have a stand at the airport but they’ll deliver the car to the airport, you just have to let them know your flight # and arrival time. I don’t think getting an automatic will be a problem. Just try to rent something small because remember tha all over Europe (and specially Ibiza) it’s a parking nightmare.

Cheers,

Nic