We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hospital in can misses

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hospital in can misses

i am disgusted with the treatment my 11 year old son received at this hospital. We arrived at this hospital and was asked if we spoke Spanish why does it matter if we did or not this hospital is in the tourist area off Ibiza. We took my son here because he hurt his wrist and we were concerned about it, when we arrived we saw the triage nurse and she sent us for an X-ray and when we had that we waited another four hours he had no pain medication at all. To be honest its the same in an English NHS hospital but what annoyed me the most was that they told us that his wrist was just sprained and we had 10 days left off our holiday and he was in pain but because they told us it was sprained that's what we thought. On the 21st of august i told my son to mount Vernon

hospital because he was still in pain and we were back in England to be told that his wrist is actually broken. If that is how they treat children they should be ashamed disgusting.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,450 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hospital in can misses

C'an Misses is the equivalent of an NHS hospital, so why should they speak English?

I am sorry your son suffered from his miss diagnosis, but I would have taken him to a private clinic for another X Ray and to see another doctor. I certainly wouldn't have left him in pain.

I spent about 4 hours waiting in A&E in the UK last year before anybody attended to me, so British hospitals certainly don't always react quicker.

I have friends who live in Ibiza and they have always spoken highly of the treatment they received.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hospital in can misses

I would off taken him to a private clinic but was advised by the rep to take him to

the clinic in san antonio which does not have an Xray machine from there we were told to go to Can Misses Hospital which we did. I did have travel insurance but when you are recommended by a rep you do as you are told. The problem with the wait at the hospital isn't the problem, the problem is that how in this day and age can an hospital miss a fracture on a child's arm. Number two when a doctor tells you that your child's arm is just sprained you tend to believe them so the pain my son was in we thought was just a sprain and not a fracture. Also if the hospital is so good why would they leave a child in pain for 4 hours with no pain killers whatsoever even when i asked they then asked me if i spoke Spanish why! even a local women in the waiting area offered us some pain killers for him and she lived on the island for over 10 years and said the hospital was terrible. The reason i am writing this is to let people know to go to private clinics so this doesn't happen to them. I am so annoyed at the way we were treated i am putting in a complaint to the consulate in Ibiza.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hospital in can misses

Also they spoke perfect English when the person books us in and when they asked me if i spoke Spanish if they didn't understand me why not offer an interpreter. My point is they did speak perfect English in fact better than me so they were just being snotty because i asked for calpol for a crying child they is no excuse for that however you try and justify it.

nottingham
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hospital in can misses

I was sorry to read about your sons'misdiagnosis at Can Misses Hospital, Ibiza.I agree with a reply you received earlier that if your son was still in pain you should have asked for a second opinion ,taking him back to the hospital and explainingthat he was still experiencing pain.Secondly you cannot destroy the reputation of a good hospital on one or two members of staff's behaviour.I had the misfortune of being diagnosed with pneumonia in Can Misses Hospital in June this year after collapsing at the hotel we were staying at in Es Cana.I am also an insulin dependent diabetic which caused additional problems.The treatment I received there was excellent even if one or two of the aids appeared ignorant.Most of the medical staff spoke English and there was even an English member of staff on the Admissions ward.How many Spaniards could experience hospital staff in England speaking Spanish?This hospital is equivalent to our NHS hospitals in the UK and Ihave to say is better than a few I have visited. Also you could have requested the X ray of your sons wrist and taken it to the private clinic for follow up treatment by them.I hope your next holiday will be more pleasant and enjoyable for you and hope your son is feeling better and has not been too traumatised by this unfortunate episode.

Blackburn, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hospital in can misses

anyone have the email address ive tried about six or seven from different site and the can misses hospital page but keep getting send back

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hospital in can misses

Friend in Ibiza has no E11 and no insurance and has hurt her wrist. Will she have to pay as i do not think she has enough money with her.

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hospital in can misses

the old e111 is called ehic now and without it you can not get free health treatment at can misses. they do accept payment by credit card though....

mm

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,329 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hospital in can misses

You can apply for the ehic online. Then go to the hospital and be treated and advise you have not got your card with you.

You will have to pay, but will be able to claim back on return to the u.k.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,450 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hospital in can misses

I just never understand somebody travelling abroad without adequate insurance cover. You just never know what may happen.

Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hospital in can misses

in can misses hospital it doesnt matter if you have valid travel insurnance as i have found out ! This hospital is disgusting and deserves every bit of filth uncovering about them, so they dont scam anymore innocent brits!

I had to go to can misses hospital i had a blood test and a drip. I showed my travel insurance and my e11 card (all valid) they took the details. I then had my jewellery stolen which they took of me, they look down uppon there patients, dont care about your health all they really care about is MONEY !

I had been home for about 2 months, my grandparents reciveved the bill from the hosptial i did NOT ask them to send any details there i gave all my details. I had not explained to my grandparents about my trip to hospital as i didnt want to worry them! Now the hospital is trying to make me pay a billl of £319 ! This hospital deserves to be shut down as the staff are rude, they look down upon the english, if they came to england the NHS would give them FREE GOOD treatment as manners cost nothing ... never try and ring them as they make a show out of you laughing cause they cant be bothered to get someone to speak to you. I have never recieved such poor treatment and wouldnt send my pet gold fish there.

ADVISE: never ever attend this hospital as you wont come out with just poor health also a poor bank account too ! THEIVES !!!!!