We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time!

newcastle upon...
10 posts
Save Topic
first time!

Just booked a holiday to ibiza for 28th june with 3 of my mates (4 19 yr old girls!!). Staying in playa d'en bossa and wondering what the best idea is for partying? is it better to go into san antonio or stay around where we are?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time!

You'll definately want to spend some nights in San Antonio. You can get there cheaply by getting a bus to Ibiza Town and then changing to a bus to St. Antonio. The buses run all through the night.

Ibiza Town is good for nights out too.

Staying in Playa D'en Bossa you have Space and Bora Bora on your doorstep for daytime partying.

Taxis around the island are not too expensive either, especially if there are four of you.

MX
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time!

I wouldn’t advise staying in San Antonio. I don’t think that San Antonio reflects the true spirit and beauty of Ibiza.

Stay in or around Ibiza Town (Talamanca Figueretas, Playa d’en Bossa).

The nightclubs that have recently won awards as best in the world in the past years are Pacha (Ibiza town) and Space (Playa d’en Bossa).

The atmosphere in Ibiza town (and its bars and nightlife) is more international and mixed (people from all around the world and different ages) than in San Antonio (mainly drunk teen hooligans).

Cheers,

Nic

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time!

hi anna... if this is your first trip to ibiza then san antonio would be ideal for your agegroup.

i will agree to disagree with nic on the whole san antonio good or bad resort thing, he is entitled to his opinion and he has some valid points about the place, but,if you just to party and have fun (without costing you a fortune) with likeminded people of your own agegroup then san an is most definatley for you.

if you dont want to get drunk , visit wonderland, and loose it completly then try somewhere else as san an wont be for you.

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time!

Hi,

I have not stayed in Playa d'en bossa but can offer some info on other areas.

Ibiza Town has a brilliant atmosphere and is full of bars. If you go to the bars around the waterfront you are likely to see the clup parades around midnight. The two main clubs in this area are Pacha and El Divino. El Divino is not very big but is accross the water and has a lovely view of Ibiza Town all lit up. Have not yet been to Pacha but it looks amazing and is definately next in my list.

San Antonio's sunset bars are Savannah, Cafe Del Mar and Cafe Mambo, with a few newer ones now tagged on. These are excellent for a lovely cool alcoholic beverages and food as the sunsets! Cafe Mambo usually livens up a lot after dark. Really good atmosphere and you often find people around the area selling tickets to the big clubs or offering info about the different club nights.

Then there is the West End in San Antonio which are the narrow streets opposite the centre where the fountains are. Here are all the brit bars - lots of them! Good for cheap drinks and bar hopping.

Es Paradise and Eden are nearby, both are very good. A nice bar along from Es Paradise is Bar M. Not cheap but excellent cocktails. It is overlooking the sea and is an ideal place to go just before going onto Eden or Es Paradise. Many of the pre parties are held there.

Just a word of warning, my boyfriend was pick-pocketed by the fountains in San Antonio when we were walking to the taxi rank. Looking back I realised when it occured and it was two of the African street sellers who seemed very friendly. Not to say that they all do this, but just be careful!! I lost a brand new expensive camera with loads of photos we'd taken!

However, don't worry, Ibiza is not a dangerous place. Have an excellent time, I know you will!!

5. Re: first time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:14 pm, April 11, 2006