We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Traveling Alone; needs lots of help

PreLawDelt
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
American Traveling Alone; needs lots of help

I am an American coming to Ibiza on July 4th and staying through July 12th. I don't really know the different parts of Ibiza except I keep hearing that one side of the island is more "party friendly". I am really looking for a really nice beach, a cheap (ish) hostel/hotel and maybe a few nights of bar hopping. I currently do not speak the language so if there is a side that is more "tourist friendly", that would be great. I would love any and all guidance.

Budget: $800 (not including travel)

Companions: Alone

Dislikes: Crime, High Cover Charges for Clubs :)

falkirk scotland
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Traveling Alone; needs lots of help

hi there, i think playa den bossa would suit you best although it is busy. plenty of bars and beautiful big beach and also the famous BORA BORA beach club. its near to airport and also just a short bus ride from ibiza town. hope this helps. sharon

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
333 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Traveling Alone; needs lots of help

Nice! Another fellow American traveling to Ibiza at the same time. Where are you from? I'll be there July 4-8 and staying in Playa Den Bossa.

I hope your budget does not include accommodations. Even if it does, that is a tight budget for 8 days.

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Traveling Alone; needs lots of help

playa den bossa is probably your best bet, especially as it's close to ibiza town.

the other side of the island that you describe is probably san antonio. it's much more english and also a lot newer than ibiza town so you won't find the same range of culture or history, just tourist stuff.

i wouldn't worry about the language barrier anyway, half the ex-pats don't even speak the local lingo ;-)

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: American Traveling Alone; needs lots of help

half of the inhabitants don't speak the local lingo! over 50% of ibiza's population weren't born here. most are spanish and so speak castellano, most immigrants, myself included learn this language, leaving catalan to be spoken by mostly country folk.

mm

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Traveling Alone; needs lots of help

i nearly said something along those lines but i couldn't be bothered to pick nits ;-)

as you say, not much point in us learning eivissenc or catalan when so few of the latin people here speak it anyway. at least with castellano you can communicate with south americans, spanish, catalan and, to a lesser extent, italians.

anyway, catalan confuses the hell out of me and i only have room in my head for 1.5 languages!

6. Re: American Traveling Alone; needs lots of help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 29, 2012