We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horse riding in ibiza

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
horse riding in ibiza

hi im going to ibiza in 2 weeks could anyone give me the address or phone number of any riding stables thanks a lot

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horse riding in ibiza

there are a few places what part of the Island you based in

Danny

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.com/

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horse riding in ibiza

hi danny was hoping youd be reading this were staying in ibiza town we arrive early hours of sunday morning do you know how much it would be per hour were pretty good riders thanks danny

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: horse riding in ibiza

Its 15-20 per hour. I never used the services in Ibiza as I would never pay to ride a horse........Its my job at present so I get paid to ride them :-)

I would highly recommend the North Ride up in a protected nature park near Benirras....stunning scenery.

669 604 083 is the contact number........... enjoy

there is also one in the Santa Innes valley 971 34 15 54

0034 is the international dialing code

Danny

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: horse riding in ibiza

sorry prices are a little more 20-30

Here is the website of the one up north

http://www.north-ride-ibiza.com/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: horse riding in ibiza

Wow I never thought to even ask this question (and I'm an avid rider - actually just got home from a horse show lol). I know this is really off topic but Danny, you ride horses?

Those views actually look amazing. Do you know if helmets, etc. are mandatory? I feel like for the week and a bit that I'm over there I might miss my guy and need a horsey excursion!

Edited: 3:59 pm, September 05, 2010
Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: horse riding in ibiza

Ibiza is always easy on the interpretation of rules and regulations... .....Its an Ibiza thing :-) So helmets, back protectors (while mandatory for any riding school) might be explored in greater detail when u get there,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yes I ride racehorses for a living............

Danny

Edited: 4:56 pm, September 05, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: horse riding in ibiza

Cool!!!! Thanks for the info! I take it you are in the Thoroughbred business? Exercise rider I take it? I didn't know helmets and back protectors were mandatory for riding schools over there. I know that here, only helmets are mandatory if you are under 18 - otherwise if it's your own horse and you've signed all liability waivers, it's up to you ;-) Generally if you are doing any eventing (well, cross country particularly) it is probably a good idea to wear a back protector but nothing is mandatory.

Interesting things you learn!

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: horse riding in ibiza

Yes an exercise rider. As you probably know over 50% of the cost of a riding lesson is to cover the insurance premium.

In Ireland and England most insurance companies will stipulate that back protectors and Helmets are used or else the policy is void. Its up to each individual what they wear but a Helmet should be the first thing a rider should put on.

I have had friends end up in Hospital badly injured or dead because they didnt have a helmet. The thoroughbred racehorse is a highly strung animal that can bolt or take fright at any time (especially 2yolds) so you are always aware on them.

The eventer or riding school horse is like driving a tractor compared to a Ferrari for me :-)

Ibiza would be much like Canada but I cant say for certain as I have never used the facilities there.

Danny

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: horse riding in ibiza

Yup - insurance is huge bucks - there's so much at stake especially trail riding places.

I don't know if I would fairly say that the TB is like a ferrari compared to the eventer....most top eventers are TBs. A friend of mine rehomes a lot of TBs and sometimes I'll go with her to pick them up from the track. Sometimes I'll even get on them (usually the next day but once in a blue moon I've gotten up on them almost as soon as they've walked off the trailer) but none of them have been the "crazy wild 'typical' Thoroughbred". I've come across a lot more psycho Warmbloods. With that being said, I do know a lot of tb's that get quite excited as soon as they are on the track.

Any horse can be upredictable - especially at 2 years old - they've got "baby brain" (and on that note, I've only ridden once without a helmet and it wasn't for very long. I trust my horse but it's not something I'll ever make a habit from - I had a friend VERY seriously injured last winter for which I was there for. Definitley not something I ever want to experience myself. Was just very curious as to what the laws were like over there). I started riding my guy at 2 and he by far does not fit into the tb category. He's 4 now and I've begun him over jumps (nothing big - max. 2'3). Last year at 3 yrs old we used him to help back a 2 yr old Holsteiner/TB and it worked wonderfully.

On a randomly separate note, I've also been looking for "horseback riding holidays" but I'm looking for someting like a working holiday - dressage and jumping mostly. I'm always looking for ways to improve my flatwork (which will immensley help over fences) and always looking for ways to expand my knowledge. Do you know of anything like that anywhere in Europe? I can't seem to find too much information anywhere...

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: horse riding in ibiza

Yes come to Ireland. Apart from drinking, Equine skills are something that we are excellent at.

If you ever need any personal recommendations for yards to work in let me know. Thats the best way to learn, as you are treated differently if you are a paying guest.

Ireland is a small country but we have many talented horsemen and women that are recognised worldwide for their skills.

Danny