We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Rental Ibiza - would not book with them again

1 post
Save Topic
Villa Rental Ibiza - would not book with them again

I have never reviewed on trip advisor before but have just returned from a 2 week stay in Ibiza at a private villa booked through Villa Rental Ibiza www.villarentalibiza.com and felt the need to share my experience. I couldn't find the company on here for review so am instead starting a forum topic.

After having booked a villa through the company last year for a once in a lifetime family holiday to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary this August, we were incredibly disappointed when the day we were leaving I received an email from Claudia @ Villa Rental saying the villa had been broken into and the owner had to cancel our trip.

The original booking had been agreed at a discounted rate since Claudia misquoted the initial price to us so agreed a discounted the rate if we paid the full balance up front. Given they therefore had £8k of our money we were limited as to our options. I appreciate break ins happen, however I was confused as to why it would take 2 weeks to fix what was described as simply a broken door.

Miraculously however the company had 2 other adjoining villas sleeping 12 people in total which were available and earmarked for our stay in the peak summer period of August, however these were on the other side of the island (a short drive from Playa d'en Bossa) and totally inconvenient location for our planned trip (a child-friendly holiday to the resort of Cala Vadella). Having spent the day of our departure extremely stressed and trying endlessly to speak to Claudia @ Villa Rental on the phone (a seemingly impossible task..) we were forced due to time constraints to take their offer of the other villas and make the best of it.

Irati in the office was nothing but pleasant when we arrived and she showed us around the villas which were nice but in the totally wrong location. As the weeks went on there were several problems in both villas (no hot water, broken air con, power failure, algae in pool...) all of which were dealt with quickly by Marco the equally lovely maintenance guy, but Claudia was still nowhere to be seen.

Towards the end of the first week I got in touch with the office to find out an update on Villa Oasis, the villa we had booked, as we were keen to see it when visiting the resort should it be suitable for a future holiday. We were even initially told it may be fixed after a few days so surely simply viewing it shouldn't be a problem? After several apparent attempts on Irati's part to contact Claudia we were finally told her response "Villa Oasis will be re-modelled next year and so will be significantly more expensive." I can only assume she was suggesting we couldn't afford it which is insulting on a number of levels and it seemed they would do anything to avoid showing us the villa. Alarm bells began to ring and when we were told the elusive Claudia may see us on our departure I knew that was never going to happen. I obviously have no proof but things simply didn't add up. In my opinion the company received a full price offer for the villa after we booked which they took and, given they had our money up front, waited until the day of our holiday to tell us we were being moved so we had little time and no option but to take their alternative.

We did make the best of it and enjoyed our holiday but I am frustrated with myself that I didn't see this coming, especially having since read other negative reviews online. It is a shame since the office girls and maintenance team are very pleasant and helpful but I would not trust the company with my money again.

3 replies to this topic
St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Rental Ibiza - would not book with them again

Agents eh? Love 'em.

I suspect the owner of the villa wanted it possibly. Did you look into this lot before booking? With such a large amount of money (our villas we book are about £400-600 out of summer) I notice you can only pay by bank transfer. Though we tend to do that (with owners) I do one hell of a lot of homework.

Many would advise it was a bit risky.

Edited: 8:37 am, September 12, 2017
ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Rental Ibiza - would not book with them again

you could have tagged onto this thread

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187…

mm

Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Rental Ibiza - would not book with them again

We also had a very bad experience with Claudia and Ibizavillarentals. Huge family celebration, 2 significant birthdays. Very expensive villa. No hot water for 5 of 7 days. Villa was meant to be new but had actually been remodelled over the winter and was not finished. Exposed wires, dangerous stairways, lots of things broken or missing. Claudia turned up on our departure and told us we had got a cut price for the villa so therefore we were lucky to stay. We entered into correspondence regarding a partial refund. Nothing has been repaid. Would never use this company again and to be honest it has put us off Ibiza after 3 happy years visiting previously

Reply to: Villa Rental Ibiza - would not book with them again
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted