We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Sebastian hotel recommendations

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
San Sebastian hotel recommendations

My sister and I are travelling to san sebastian for 3 nights May. We are having some difficulty deciding on where to stay. Have a budget of ~120 euro a night (~$200AUD), but may be willing to pay a bit more for somewhere special. We would like to be close to the beach / old town.

Ideally would prefer somewhere with twin beds, rather than a double bed - we do not need to have two bedrooms.

Have had a look at Hotel Niza, however they are booked out for our dates.

Does anyone know about a new hotel called Okako Hotel? Its in Gros. Is this a good area to stay in?

Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra looks like its in a good location however its a bit over our budget and not sure if it would really be worth it. We would probably have to go for the cheaper city view rooms and miss out on the view.

We have considered private apartment rental, but haven't found anything too impressive (especially we you have to take into account the additional cleaning charges)

Is there any hotels/apartments that you could recommend?

Thanks! :)

los altos...
Level Contributor
479 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Sebastian hotel recommendations

After much thought, we have decided to splurge for our 3 nights in San Sebastian and stay at Hotel Londres because I am a real beach lover.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
64,719 posts
3,731 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Sebastian hotel recommendations

I stayed at the Hotel Londres for a week this past summer and enjoyed it very much. The breakfast buffet is very good. Did you read my review in TA?

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
477 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Sebastian hotel recommendations

Can't really beat the hotels (Londres and Niza) for their sea view. Okako is indeed in Gros but is quite far from the old town and any sea view.

There are one or two places on the other side of the river that have views of Zurriola beach. Try Hotel Arrizul.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Sebastian hotel recommendations

On the budget end but with a fantastic view, consider Pension Itxasoa:

More expensive, no view but a good sleep and extremely convenient, Gran Bahia Bernardo:

San Sebastian...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Sebastian hotel recommendations

Emily Okako is a fantastic place to stay in. Okako is a new Hotel. I stayed there the last weekend and I enjoyed very much. The owners are fantastic and they will help you in everything you need. Okako is located in Gros, near Zurriola beach. You can walking from Okako to visit the city, everything are near. If you want you can visit them in www.okakohotel.com. They are also in facebook.

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: San Sebastian hotel recommendations

Thanks, we booked the Okako hotel a few weeks ago so glad to hear its a good place to stay. The booking has free cancellation so we thought that we didn't have anything to loose - if the reviews were not good we were going to cancel and find somewhere else.

7. Re: San Sebastian hotel recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics