We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Eats?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Eats?

I know San Sebastian is famous for its Michelin stars, but I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations for cheaper places to eat?

Maybe some bars/cafes with good 'menu del dia' options?

and what is the standard price range for pintxos nowadays?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,341 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Eats?

nibrika:

If you go to the area behind the city hall, you will find many inexpensive restaurants, many that also have pintxos. The price of pintxos can vary greatly, depending on what is in it. However you will find many that are affordable.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Eats?

You will find most pintos quite affordable and although you will soon find your favourite dishes or bars don't be tempted to stay and have more than a few, carry on walking around. Maybe you will find somewhere even better.

Expect to pay between €1 and €5 for a pintxos.

A budget restaurant with a tasting menu that has come well recommended is La Fabrica.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Eats?

Thanks for the info - I will check the area behind the City Hall

La Fabrica looks great and usually I would be happy to pay that kind of price (looks like their set menus are €25/30), but this time I was hoping to find some basic places with a lunch menu for around €10 to €15.

I will be with some friends on a low budget who prefer to find the very cheapest places to eat and drink so all recommendations are welcome!

4. Re: Cheap Eats?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, November 02, 2014