We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I hire a car for trips out of town?

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Should I hire a car for trips out of town?

Hello. Planning a gourmet tour to San Sebastian and was wondering whether I really need to hire a car. 2 (or max 4) people, staying in town but thinking of having meals at places like Mugaritz, Elkano in Getaria, Asador Etxebari etc. Is it easy to grab a taxi to these places (there and back), or should I hire a car instead?

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,482 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I hire a car for trips out of town?

The road to Mugaritz is quite difficult so you probably wouldn't want to drive there anyway. Getaria is easily accessible by bus or Euskotren. The problem is parking your hire car in San Sebastian, it will be expensive or even impossible unless you have a space provided with your accommodation.

Alternatively, there are lots of taxi ranks dotted around San Sebastian.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I hire a car for trips out of town?

Great info, thanks!

3. Re: Should I hire a car for trips out of town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics