We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Funchal
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

I know it's possible to take a bus from San Sebastian to Vitória , i pretend to spend some time there but don't know how many hours it's necessary to see the city. After that , i would like to visit Pamplona at the same day( by bus) and then return to San Sebastian. Do you think is it too much two cities at the same day , do i have time for the two in the same day?I can walk ,I'm in the fourties..

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,482 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

You can certainly do both cities in one day but if you want to see more of each then take a whole day to do both.

Vitoria-Gasteiz...
Level Contributor
142 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

It is really a packed tour for one day, specially if you consider that you will be restricted by the usage of public transportation. Bus will be around 1 hour and 20 minutes between each town you are marking,

If you want my opinion, I would do it in two days.

Otherwise, I would center first in Vitoria say 60% of the time and give less time (40% of the time) to Pamplona, but of course, it is something that you have to evaluate after you check the times of the buses and the time that you need to go from the city center to the bus stations, pick up tickets, etc. And also your interest in each city or your interests when travelling.

This is the website of the bus company: www.alsa.es

Enjoy!

Aitor Delgado

www.aitordelgado.net

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

Dodita:

There is much more to see in Vitoria than Pamplona. I would skip Pamplona and spend all your time in Vitoria. Read the top questions in the Vitoria forum.

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

any particular interest in Pamplona? Not much to see...

5. Re: Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics