We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SS to Pamplona bus or train?

Virginia
Level Contributor
222 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
SS to Pamplona bus or train?

Hi,

Two of us will be traveling from SS to Pamplona on July 8th during San Fermin. It looks like there are two bus companies, Alsa and and La Conda and also the train. I checked the train schedule and it leaves very early or late afternoon. I wanted to leave around 12noon.

Any input on which mode of transport would be best? Also, are buses reliable? Can we print our bus ticket from the online site? How early to arrive at bus stop prior to departure?

thank you.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SS to Pamplona bus or train?

A question from last year discussing some of the options here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187457-i622-k5031…

Luckily you will be travelling during one of the 'quiet' periods (no time is quiet during San Fermin). There is no way of knowing how busy the buses will be on any given day. Maybe you could wander over to the bus stop the day before to see how the queues look.

2. Re: SS to Pamplona bus or train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics