We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sun Valley, Idaho
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging

We are thinking of renting a place near the University buf I was wondering I that might be too far from th old city. And I the overnight parking in the city in early June really bad in San Sebastian ?

Shanghai Region...
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,930 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging

Parking is bad all the time but if you're willing to park 15-20 min away from the Parte Vieja, you should at least be able to find something.

I don't know which university you mean so I made a Google map and searched for nearby universities. All of the results are quite far away. One is near calle Tolosa. Another TA member asked about that recently and I've linked that thread for you to read.

http://goo.gl/maps/jmRX

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187457-i622-k5460…

Vitoria-Gasteiz...
Level Contributor
142 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging

Most universities are around Tolosa Street as Gigis_mum marked.

San Sebastian is really not that big town, but you will have a 30 or 40 minutes walking way all along the Concha bay to the Old City center. The path is very beautiful, and there are buses going along, but you should consider some time for that.

Otherwise you need to carry your car and park it in the city center, which can be really difficoult unless you park in one of the underground parkings nearby.

Overnight parking is hard in summer specially on weekends, again unless you use one of the underground parkings.

Hope that it helps you. Best regards,

Aitor Delgado

www.aitordelgado.com

3. Re: Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:40 pm, June 20, 2013