We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half-day trip: Saint Jean De Luz or Biarritz?

Level Contributor
38 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Half-day trip: Saint Jean De Luz or Biarritz?

My husband and I are visiting San Sebastian in July. We are thinking about taking a half-day trip to either Saint Jean De Luz or Biarritz.

We are in our late 20's, love to have fun, explore, eat, drink, hit the beach, relax or have an adventure. Very easy going. We are looking for a nice atmosphere as we are going on our honeymoon. Doesn't need to be anything too fancy though.

If anyone could help up decide between Saint Jean De Luz or Biarritz we would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

alberta
Level Contributor
562 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half-day trip: Saint Jean De Luz or Biarritz?

"love to have fun, explore, eat, drink, hit the beach, relax or have an adventure. Very easy going. "

well you def picked a great area to visit !!

LOVE San Sebastian !

Also really enjoyed both the places you listed above. I had a nice little visit to Saint Jean de Lutz ..I was going to visit one particular shop and the area is just so charming. Amazing coastline like most of the area and a quaint, pretty area. I stayed a bit longer.

I did a day trip to Biarritz last year and really a stand out destination as well.

Both are very easy to get to by train... and I would lean towards Biarritz if you chose to just visit one for the day.

The promenade in Biarritz is so lovely... they have built these stone walkways to tiny islands and rocks and it is just so beautiful!

www.discoverthetrip.com/city/biarritz.html ...I only included this link for the photos of the walkways...

The beaches & surf are amazing...a great place to sit back for the day and relax...or wander through the city browsing any of the numerous high end shops & boutiques.

As well, Biarritz has some of the most amazing artisanal shops... http://chocolaterie-henriet.com/ is just one of them but this shop is a must visit !! You can wear off the indulgence walking the promenade.

There is a street of lovely little Cafes & Bistros very near the Beaches or also many vendors right along the promenade & beaches.

There is a bus from the train, which was only 1 euro, which will drop you anywhere you wish to stop on the way to the beach... easy to get around.

Both places would be very romantic ... you are so close though...why not venture into Biarritz.... a lovely day trip if you can tear yourself away from San Sebastian.

Happy Planning

:)

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half-day trip: Saint Jean De Luz or Biarritz?

Saint Jean de Luz is lovely and very quaint. It is much more compact than Biarritz so you can walk around all the shops much more quickly. You could then do part of the Sentier Littoral walk saint-jean-de-luz.com/decouvrir-la-ville/aut…

Or just walk up Promenade des Rochers to the little park on the headland.

You can easily spend the whole day in Biarritz. If you get the train the station is a bit out of town so you need to get bus A1 from outside the station (Gare la Négresse).

Level Contributor
38 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half-day trip: Saint Jean De Luz or Biarritz?

Thank you, both! I appreciate your help.

4. Re: Half-day trip: Saint Jean De Luz or Biarritz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, June 21, 2013