We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas crawl

Delta, BC, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas crawl

We'd like to go on a tapas crawl. Which tapas bars would you recommend?

Also, which restaurant would you recommend for our splurge night? I read somewhere that going to a highly rated restaurant for lunch instead of supper would be easier on the budget.

Thank you in advance,

Chiqui

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapas crawl

Lunch is the main meal of the day in most of Spain, including the Basque country. You might be interested in downloading a copy of Maribel's Guide to the País Vasco (www.maribelsguides.com).

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapas crawl

For differences between tapas and pintxos, you may want to take a look at mugalari.wordpress.com, as they are not the same thing. Most bars in SS offer pintxos, so that will not be an issue.

I´d recommend Akelarre, but be prepared to pay at least 170 euros per person.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapas crawl

So much has been written on this, maribelsguides is like the bible for this. For splurging: Akelarre, Extebarri, Zuberoa, Mugaritz. don't miss lunch at Kaia-Kalpe or Elkano in Getaria for the world's best seafood dishes. For tapas: Ganbara, La Cuchara de San Telmo, Aloña Berri, Goiz-Argi, Txepetxa, La Cepa and Astelehena. In the Gros district I would highly recommend Patio de Ramuntxo, Bar Bergara and Aloña Berri. I love that city!

Mentioned in this post
Getaria
Getaria
Province of Guipuzcoa, Spain
San Sebastian...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tapas crawl

Hi!

For tapas/pintxos recommendations have a look at www.todopintxos.com and choose your favorite!, and for a splurge night as Mikel says Akelarre, or Arzak, or others not so expensive like Urepel (www.urepel.net) and Rekondo (www.rekondo.com), unfortunately, both last sites only in spanish.

5. Re: Tapas crawl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 21, 2010
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics