We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basque Country

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nywestch
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Basque Country

We will be traveling to Barcelona and Madrid late in March. We would like to add another leg on to the trip (have already been to Seville, Granada and other southern cities) ... Is the Basque Country a worthwhile destination? What would a logical ordering of the trip be? Which towns/cities in Basque Country be worthwhile and for how many days? Thank you.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,482 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Basque Country

Basque Country is off all the cliches of Spain. You can spend 2 days in San Sebastian + a day trip to Bilbao + another day trip exploring the seaside villages.

sansebastianturismo.com/info/…

www.todopintxos.com/home/home.php?lang=en

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Basque Country

check out Maribel's free downloadable guide .

nywestch
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Basque Country

I don't understand. Please explain. Thank you.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Basque Country

Extremely worthwhile, San Sebastian deserves 3-5 nights at least.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Basque Country

flammel:

www.maribelsguides.com are free downloadable guides to many different areas of Spain. They are very detailed and wonderful to read. The Basque country one is especially wonderful as the region is less written about than many.

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Basque Country

www,maribelsguides.com, a very valuable guide on the area.

http://mugalari.wordpress.com, my own blog on the Basque Country

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Basque Country

Bilbao and San Sebastian are each worth 3 days. These are beautiful cities with many things to see. Just bring a foldable umbrella in case of showers.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Basque Country

You might consider a day trip by train/bus up to French Pays Basque and have a look at Bayonne/Biaritz/St. Jean de Luz area.

USA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Basque Country

I agree both with the suggestion that Basque Country is a worthwhile destination and the idea to visit the french side. A few years ago we've enjoyed our stay in the small town of Hondarribia, right on the border. I think it's worth checking out. I would also consider going to Pamplona, which is technically in Navarre, but is about as far from San Sebastian as Bilbao.

10. Re: Basque Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 31, 2010
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics