We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on a reasonably priced centrally located hotel

Ireland
Level Contributor
225 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on a reasonably priced centrally located hotel

We are planning a trip to San Sebastián in mid June. My daughter has recommended Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra but unfortunately it is way too expensive at €400 a night. I would welcome suggestions and advice on choice of hotel please. We like a good standard, comfortable, centrally located hotel with lots of bars and restaurants around. Ideally, we would love a sea view but understand this pushes up the price. We often like to stay in or near the Old Town in many cities. We are flexible with price but would hope to find hotels from €120 - €160/170/180 per night approximately.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,405 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on a reasonably priced centrally located hotel

Check www.booking.com

Ireland
Level Contributor
225 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on a reasonably priced centrally located hotel

I have searched booking.com and lots of other sites - I have often got great advice from Trip Advisor contributors about choice and location of hotels and have chosen some lovely little hotels as a result - I am hoping for the same advice in San Sebastián. Thank you for your reply.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on a reasonably priced centrally located hotel

400 euros a night? Blimey we usually pay around that for a week in a villa (well 400 to 600). But our friend from Adelaide is right. Nobody lays it out better for you than booking.com and hotels.com - prices, distances the lot. Besides someone else's recommendation may be exactly what you don't want - tastes are different.

Have a map of San Sebastian with you when you book.

We were there in October when we stayed up that way. Nice place, expensive property, like Zarautz next door.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
485 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on a reasonably priced centrally located hotel

If you want a sea view then it will be expensive. Not many places in the Old Town will have see views and it is noisy there too. Have a look at Hotel Parma, Hotel Niza and Mercure Monte Igueldo.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on a reasonably priced centrally located hotel

I have just booked the hotel Codina and I dealt with the hotel direct and the spoke excellent English. It's very well priced. On booking.com they only had the more standard rooms but booking direct allowed me to book a top floor room with a balcony and a view. It's not central but it looks a nice walk along the front to get to the old town.

6. Re: Advice on a reasonably priced centrally located hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 05, 2018
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics