We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advance tickets to Guggenheim in July?

Toronto
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
advance tickets to Guggenheim in July?

Hi ,

We will be in San Sebastian for a few days in mid-July and are planning to take a bus to Bilbao for a day trip. We would hope to take an early morning bus so as to have a full day there. Is it advisable/necessary to buy tickets to the Guggenheim online in advance?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advance tickets to Guggenheim in July?

Hi

We were in San Sebastian/Bilbao last July (how time flies !) and we just walked up to the Guggenheim and bought tickets on the day. No waiting time and not a very large crowd at all.

Of course purchasing online would avoid any disappointment should there be large crowds, however that locks you into a specific day - if that's no problem then why not buy in advance?

It is one of the most remarkable buildings I've ever seen and the works on display are brilliant.

Enjoy.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advance tickets to Guggenheim in July?

wendli:

I went during summer and had bought tickets online. When we arrived at the museum, there was a long line of people, so I was glad I had bought the tickets online. The length of the queue depends on luck.

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advance tickets to Guggenheim in July?

Chances are that you won´t find a long queue...but given that there´s no extra charge on advance purchasing, I´d buy them online. Just remember to go right on the entrance to get the tickets, there´re no machines and you get them over the counter.

Toronto
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advance tickets to Guggenheim in July?

Thanks everyone! We will try to buy online. Hopefully there will be no purchase issues. Most of our advance purchases have gone smoothly.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,964 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advance tickets to Guggenheim in July?

I am trying to purchase tickets for Sunday the 10th of May but get this NAN/NAN/..... when I choose the date. Can this mean it is all sold out or too early to book? I am tempted to just "wing it" but would prefer something more definite if possible. Thank you

Montreal
Level Contributor
871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: advance tickets to Guggenheim in July?

I just tried it, May 10 and the earliest time slot. It worked and took me to the page to input my details. Next page was payment so I stopped there. Good luck.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,964 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advance tickets to Guggenheim in July?

Thank you. I was finally able to do it this evening and looking forward to the visit.

8. Re: advance tickets to Guggenheim in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 28, 2016