We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best things to do in Bilbao?

Brighton, England...
Level Contributor
39 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
What are the best things to do in Bilbao?

We are visiting Bilbao for 8 days and wondered what there is to do other than museums?

Vitoria-Gasteiz...
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best things to do in Bilbao?

Hi Rebecca,

other than museums, I recommend you to wander through the old town of Bilbao, by the river and the Gran Via street (main commercial street of the city). You can also take the funicular to the Artxanda Mountain, from which you have some nice views of Bilbao. Another important thing to do in the Basque Country is, of course, enjoying its gastronomy. I leave you here a link where you will find some more information about Bilbao:

euskoguide.com/places-basque-country/cities/…

Nevertheless, if I had 8 days in Bilbao, I would spend half of them outside of the city. For example, take the train to Getxo/Portugalete to see the Hanging Bridge, take the bus to San Sebastián and to Vitoria. If you have a car, I would definitely recommend you to go to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe:

euskoguide.com/places-basque-country/coast/s…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,270 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best things to do in Bilbao?

Rebecca:

Read the top questions on the right panel and see what interests you.

Bilbao has many restaurants that serve pintxos, which are delicious.

rogereatslikeapig.com/blog/…

3. Re: What are the best things to do in Bilbao?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 26, 2014