We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bilbeo recommendations please

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Bilbeo recommendations please

Each year, myself and a party of friends go to a European foodie city for four or five days. The main object of the trip is to eat at least one meal in a Michelin **/*** starred restaurant. Last year it was Girona and previously it has been Antwerp, Barcelona, Lyon, San Sebastian, Strasbourg etc. etc.

This year we shall be going to Bilbao to eat at Restaurante Azurmendi.

The trip is not only about eating in a Michelin starred restaurant. It is about all the other bars and restaurants we discover. Without fail we always seem to find a small family owned and run bar/restaurant that we keep returning to throughout our stay. The sort of place that is really friendly and makes you feel welcome, usually fairly close to our hotel. We shall be staying at Tryp Bilbao Arenal Hotel.

The point of this forum entry is to request recommendations and information from members on such bar restaurants that they think we would enjoy.

I shall be most grateful to receive any information on Bilbao that will help us enjoy our stay. Please members, let me into your secrets in Bilbao. Bars, restaurants, anything you would like to share with me.

Thank you all, in anticipation.

Brian

Mentioned in this post
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Strasbourg
Strasbourg
Bas-Rhin, France
Bilbao
Bilbao
Province of Vizcaya, Spain
1. Re: Bilbeo recommendations please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 22, 2014