We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inquiries

oman
2 posts
Save Topic
inquiries

I am coming to Bilbao to attend TESOL Conference in March i need ur help in the follwing questions:

1- Is there an international airport in Bilbao?

2- If I land in Madrid, what is the fastest way to come to Bilbao and what mean do u recommend?

3- How long is it by train, by ship from Madrid to Bilbao?

4-The conference will be at university de Deusto, Bilbao. so what is the nearest hotel to this university? How can i go to madrid from bilbao? is it possible to go from Bilbao to Morroco ? How

oman
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: inquiries

I am coming to Bilbao to attend TESOL Conference in March i need ur help in the follwing questions:

1- Is there an international airport in Bilbao?

2- If I land in Madrid, what is the fastest way to come to Bilbao and what mean do u recommend?

3- How long is it by train, by ship from Madrid to Bilbao?

4-The conference will be at university de Deusto, Bilbao. so what is the nearest hotel to this university? How can i go to madrid from bilbao? is it possible to go from Bilbao to Morroco ? How

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,417 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: inquiries

You can transfer flights at Madrid airport to iberia www.iberia.com

for Bilbao.

Alternative is to take the train from Madrid to Bilbao www.renfe.es

www.easyjet.com have flights from Madrid to Marrakech upto 24 March or check Iberia

Accommodation www.venere.com

www.madrid-tourist-guide.com

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: inquiries

Could you tell me what the TESOL conference is, and whether it's open to all, I would be interested in the details, thanks!

In answer to your questions:

Bilbao does have an international airport, BIO is the code, Loiu is the name of the airport. However, you will probably have to come via Madrid or Barcelona. If you can find connecting flights, then either is possible. Otherwise, if you're flying and the intending to get a connecting bus, then it is best to fly to Madrid and then get a bus (www.alsa.es) or train (www.renfe.es) to Bilbao.

If you are looking for a nice hotel near the university, then the NH Deusto is probably your easiest and closest bet, a 3* chain hotel: nh-hoteles.es/nh/…nh-deusto.html

Hope that's useful, and please let me know any details you know about the conference, I would be interested in going myself. Thanks!

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: inquiries

Coming from your area, the most logical connection is via Frankfurt or via Paris.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,618 posts
3,724 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: inquiries

There are two trains a day from Madrid to Bilbao, leaving Madrid at 800H and 1600H. Takes 5 hours and costs 25 euros.

Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

6. Re: inquiries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, February 15, 2013